Moved: Medical Check up

Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moved: Medical Check up

Hey All

Quick question regarding medical check ups.

How long have people waited to get an appointment and whats the average charge.

Thanks

Rob

Last edited by London-England-Lads; Aug 1st 2007 at 10:45 am.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

delorean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Check up

Not sure how much this will help but GF and I are in the process of moving to the Cayman Islands. We have a medical examination booked for next Thursday.

The charges are thus:

$100 to see the quack and the full exam.

Any tests required, such as blood etc are extra and cost between $30 and $60 per exam (dependant on what you need doing) so I was told.

We booked our medicals about 2 weeks ago. The average wait is about 2 to 6 weeks.

If you are in Vancouver, the cheapest place I have found is Ultima. They are in the Bentall 4 building just off Burrard.

In Toronto there is one on Adelaide and York, though I forget the prices. I think it was $65 to see the doc.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by delorean; Aug 1st 2007 at 10:41 am. Reason: additional info
Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:03 am
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Check up

Originally Posted by London-England-Lads
Hey All

Quick question regarding medical check ups.

How long have people waited to get an appointment and whats the average charge.

Thanks

Rob
The med charge varies enormously. Will you be having meds done in London or Canada? My med for my work permit was done in Knightsbridge (3 years ago) and cost around 250 pounds for one person! Hubby & I had PR meds done here in Calgary earlier this year and the cost was $160 each!! Plus $100 to mail them recorded to London so $420 total.
I had to wait a month for an appt in London, we got a med appt in Calgary immediately!
Hope this helps.

Last edited by louise033; Aug 1st 2007 at 11:06 am.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moved: Medical Check up

Thanks for the info
Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Moved: Medical Check up

Hi there,

Our medicals are booked for 14th August (17 days from date of booking) in Birmingham and the costs quoted are,

Medical fee - Adult (15 years and above) £100
Child £50

Chest X-ray (11 years and above) £40
VDRL Test (15 years and above) £20
HIV Test (15 years and above) £25
Hepatitis B (15 years and above) £30
Courier Fee £10 (Takes up to 14 days for the centre to process the paperwork)

The Hep B test is only needed where the individual has body piercings other than through the earlobe and in all those who have tattoos.

As already mentioned, there seems to be a great deal of variation in the prices people are charged. I still feel that £700 for a family of four is expensive but if they are not done we can't go to Canada so there's not a lot of choice in the matter.

John