Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Moved: Maintaining PR Status in Canada

Moved: Maintaining PR Status in Canada

Old Jul 31st 2007, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Riadh is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Moved: Maintaining PR Status in Canada

Hi all,

I just want to know one thing please:

After Landing Am I eligible to go ut of Canada for 3-4 weeks Vacation to see Family and same time can get my Canadian Citizinship and Passpoprt after 1000 days or My staying should be for Continuous PERIOD - please experts - I would like to have an accurate answer in this matter

thank you in advance
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:53 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moved: Maintaining PR Status in Canada

It is very simple - to be eligible to apply for citizenship a PR must accumulate 1,095 days in Canada within 4 years immediately preceding citizenship application. And of course must be able to prove it through other means that stamps in passport, tax returns, SIN or health card, driver's license or similar evidence that doesn't really prove anything.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It is very simple - to be eligible to apply for citizenship a PR must accumulate 1,095 days in Canada within 4 years immediately preceding citizenship application. And of course must be able to prove it through other means that stamps in passport, tax returns, SIN or health card, driver's license or similar evidence that doesn't really prove anything.

Thank you very much Andrew,

But my Concern is - Should I stay continuously the full period (1,095 days) In Canada without leaving for a small vacation of two to three weeks. And other thing: what kind of PROOF they will require to prove my residence inside the Country - for your information I am going to Canada to live and work and will try to sponsor my family - Mother for sure - and brothers and sisters as well if I can (that is other matter though) But I am geniune Immigrant - after waiting SEVEN YEARS to receive the PR Visa I will definitly go and live in my new Country and Home

realy appreciate your prompt reply

yours

Last edited by Riadh; Aug 1st 2007 at 9:37 am.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:07 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

No, it doesn't need to be continuous - this is why law requires you to accumulate 1,095 days within 4 years period. And I clearly wrote the word accumulate in my previous post.

Proof? Payslips or school atendance record, utility bills, credit and bank cards statements showing their use in Canada, and other evidence that cannot be obtained without really being in Canada.

As for sponsoring siblings - only as dependant children (unmarried, financially dependent from parents, under 22 or if 22 or over full time students since before turning 22 until visas are issued) of sponsored parents. Once they are no longer dependents they are out of sponsorship application and will have to qualify and apply on their own.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
No, it doesn't need to be continuous - this is why law requires you to accumulate 1,095 days within 4 years period. And I clearly wrote the word accumulate in my previous post.

Proof? Payslips or school atendance record, utility bills, credit and bank cards statements showing their use in Canada, and other evidence that cannot be obtained without really being in Canada.

As for sponsoring siblings - only as dependant children (unmarried, financially dependent from parents, under 22 or if 22 or over full time students since before turning 22 until visas are issued) of sponsored parents. Once they are no longer dependents they are out of sponsorship application and will have to qualify and apply on their own.

Thanks alot,

You are a real Help and great Asset in this awsome website.

God Bless

Yours