Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Moved: Landing Procedure-Flying seperately

Moved: Landing Procedure-Flying seperately

Old Nov 5th 2007, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

redrosed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moved: Landing Procedure-Flying seperately

Hi,
Can anybody please help me-My OH will be landing in Canada in Jan so will go through all immigration stuff then (he has the work visa). I will be following in Feb with the children. Do I need copies of all paperwork (ie, Goods to Follow) to go through the same procedure or will customs have details there for me??
Does that makes any sense????
Old Nov 5th 2007, 5:44 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moved: Landing Procedure-Flying seperately

Hi

Originally Posted by redrosed
Hi,
Can anybody please help me-My OH will be landing in Canada in Jan so will go through all immigration stuff then (he has the work visa). I will be following in Feb with the children. Do I need copies of all paperwork (ie, Goods to Follow) to go through the same procedure or will customs have details there for me??
Does that makes any sense????
You need a copy of the spouses work permit, makes life easier for Immigration. As you are not immigrants, your goods to follow will only be allowed in for the duration of your spouses work permit, so if it is extended in the future, you will have to contact CBSA
Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

canbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Moved: Landing Procedure-Flying seperately

HI,
MY HUSBAND CAME TO CANADA ON A WORK VISA, 3 YEARS AGO AND MYSELF AND THE CHILDREN FOLLOWED 2 WEEKS LATER.
WHEN HE ARRIVED THEY NEEDED THE DATE THAT WE WERE ARRIVING AND THEY TOOK PHOTO COPIES OF HIS WORK VISA.
WHEN WE ARRIVED I HAD TO GO THROUGH THE SAME PROCEDURE WITH THE BOYS STUDY PERMITS TO ALLOW THEM TO GO TO SCHOOL. I FOUND THEM VERY HELPFUL.
I ALSO DELT WITH OUR INCOMMING GOODS WHICH THEY LIKE TO SEE PAPER WORK FOR.
WE ARE NOW PERMINENT AND WE NEVER HAD TO INFORM ANYONE TO DO WITH GOODS BROUGHT IN.
HOPE THIS HELPS