Wikiposts

Moved: Immigration Procedure

Old Oct 14th 2007, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Nadiapk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moved: Immigration Procedure

Hi,
My husband is planning to apply with whole family.Confusion is that should he first apply individually,i mean not with whole family as we have to deposit the fees for whole family if he applies and what will be the case if the visa is rejected.I think the full fees will be gone.So he thinks it better to apply singly first,go through all the procedures and then apply with family.I want to know how much extra time it will take and is it ok as we are planning.

I would be grateful if we are guided with better opinion of senior members of this forum.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moved: Immigration Procedure

Are you talking about you immediate family ie husband/wife/son/daughter or more distant relatives?

If it is immediate family I thought that you had to include all family members on your application, even if they aren't going.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong
Old Oct 15th 2007, 3:19 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Correct - you need to include immediate family members. People have got into a lot of bother by, for instance, not mentioning they had a wife and then trying to bring the "wife" to Canada at a later date by sponsorship or other means. If you don't include them it means you have lied on the original application.

To be honest if the application fees are deterring you I would take a long hard look at the likely cost of actually emigrating. Its isn't a cheap excercise!
Old Oct 15th 2007, 3:53 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

It's already been explained to you why this is a bad idea:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436139