Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Moved: Handing over Confirmation of PR form at Imm desk

Moved: Handing over Confirmation of PR form at Imm desk

Old Jan 17th 2008, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

garymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant future
Default Moved: Handing over Confirmation of PR form at Imm desk

Hi there

Can anyone tell me the answer to my question.

I am in possesion of my familys Confirmation of Permanent Residence forms and realise that these are to be handed over at Immigration upon landing.

I will be traveling to Ontario a couple of months before my partner and daughter, should I leave them with their Confirmation of PR forms for themselves to take with them or should I take them with me.

Thanks

Gary
Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:21 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moved: Handing over Confirmation of PR form at Imm desk

Hi

Originally Posted by garymc
Hi there

Can anyone tell me the answer to my question.

I am in possesion of my familys Confirmation of Permanent Residence forms and realise that these are to be handed over at Immigration upon landing.

I will be traveling to Ontario a couple of months before my partner and daughter, should I leave them with their Confirmation of PR forms for themselves to take with them or should I take them with me.

Thanks

Gary
1. Assuming you are the principle applicant you can "land" prior to the dependents.
2. The COPR is a visa pasted into your passport, your partner and child will require theirs when they "land" Note they have to "land" within the validity of the visa.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 7:56 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Assuming you are the principle applicant you can "land" prior to the dependents.
2. The COPR is a visa pasted into your passport, your partner and child will require theirs when they "land" Note they have to "land" within the validity of the visa.

Hate to disagree but the COPR is a three part carbonated form with your photo attached to it that you have to sign in front of the immigration officer
Old Jan 17th 2008, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

garymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant future

To confirm, we all have a Visa affixed to our passports and a separate form (Confirmation of Permanent Residence form), each of us also have this carbon form.

Can anyone clarify my question?

Many thanks

Gary
Old Jan 17th 2008, 10:55 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I'd imagine the COPR forms should stay with their owners until they land. Once visas and COPRs are issued, they are for the individuals not the application as a whole.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 11:08 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Every person must have his/her own COPR when landing and sign it before the examining officer during landing.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 1:24 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Every person must have his/her own COPR when landing and sign it before the examining officer during landing.
And they do let you keep a copy for your own records (it is important to keep it in a safe place)
Old Jan 18th 2008, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for clearing that up.

As I say, I will be landing first and being the principle applicant will show that I have enough funds available for my family of three.

So when my partner and daughter finally land after myself I take it that the immigration officer who deals with them will not ask them to show funds as I will already have shown this. Would I be correct in assuming that it will work that way?

The same would go for the Goods To Follow lists etc, I will take them with myself and my partner will not have to deal with that, is that the way it works?

Thanks

Gary