Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Moved: AOR AUG 05....Starting To Have Nightmares

Moved: AOR AUG 05....Starting To Have Nightmares

Old Nov 13th 2007, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moved: AOR AUG 05....Starting To Have Nightmares

Originally Posted by Reghuraj
Hi

I am also in the same boat. Hope we get our med request fast. but i am not expecting it before in Jan/Feb.

regs
is there a reason why so many people don't get a job out there so they can go out sooner rather than later, we have our pr application in but have been told its going to be 3-4 years so we are going out there next year to get a job fingers crossed and go on a work permit ? I am new to this so please excuse my ignorance cheers sue
Old Nov 13th 2007, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamie123
is there a reason why so many people don't get a job out there so they can go out sooner rather than later, we have our pr application in but have been told its going to be 3-4 years so we are going out there next year to get a job fingers crossed and go on a work permit ? I am new to this so please excuse my ignorance cheers sue
meant to add if they are skilled workers anyway ?
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough

in my case, I am a secretary and although i did try, it is nigh on impossible to get a work permit for any kind of admin job. I mean how do you prove a Canadian cannot be found to do admin. You have to understand it really depends on your profession as to getting a work permit. We are not all carpenters and plumbers you know!!

My husband is a retail manager which is an ocupation under pressure in Alberta. You would think Canadian retails stores would be crying out for him. Yet he has contacted dozens and none are interested in the rigmarole of applying for a work permit "not company policy" is something he was continuously told! Even the company that he works for here which has a sister company in Canada. They have interviewed him etc and have been trying to bring him over for the last 2 years but the Board won't allow it etc etc

So it is not as simple as going over there and getting a job you knoW!!

Kaz xx
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kazphillips
in my case, I am a secretary and although i did try, it is nigh on impossible to get a work permit for any kind of admin job. I mean how do you prove a Canadian cannot be found to do admin. You have to understand it really depends on your profession as to getting a work permit. We are not all carpenters and plumbers you know!!

My husband is a retail manager which is an ocupation under pressure in Alberta. You would think Canadian retails stores would be crying out for him. Yet he has contacted dozens and none are interested in the rigmarole of applying for a work permit "not company policy" is something he was continuously told! Even the company that he works for here which has a sister company in Canada. They have interviewed him etc and have been trying to bring him over for the last 2 years but the Board won't allow it etc etc

So it is not as simple as going over there and getting a job you knoW!!

Kaz xx
sorry, as i said i am new to this,
looks like you may be going quite soon anyway looking at your sign ?
good luck hope you get there soon cheers sue
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough

Fingers crossed indeed!

Don't worry - we'll all get there. Good luck with your job reccie
Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

dreamon will become famous soon enoughdreamon will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Moved: AOR AUG 05....Starting To Have Nightmares

Hi Sue

You'll find alot of applicant that filed in 2004/5, like ourselves were initially advised that the SW processing would only take 16-18 months and therefore a reasonable amount of time to prepare for the relocation. At the time, processing was conducted on a strict timeline of process by date only!

As for ourselves, we were looking to completely change our lifestyle and are looking to start our own business once landed, however until recently only had the SW application as a viable option, but since then the PNP came into effect and on further investigation were advised at the beginning of the year that we may be suitable for applying via this method. Unfortunately, the information regarding suggested timeframes from the CHC has continually been misguided and you get so far down one processing path, that you think it's not worth changing? However, if we had been given the information currently available to SW applicant, I'm sure we would have looked at getting WP first and PR second.

Best of luck with your job hunting!
Regards Sue

Last edited by dreamon; Nov 13th 2007 at 7:12 am.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dreamon
Hi Sue

You'll find alot of applicant that filed in 2004/5, like ourselves were initially advised that the SW processing would only take 16-18 months and therefore a reasonable amount of time to prepare for the relocation. At the time, processing was conducted on a strict timeline of process by date only!

As for ourselves, we were looking to completely change our lifestyle and are looking to start our own business once landed, however until recently only had the SW application as a viable option, but since then the PNP came into effect and on further investigation were advised at the beginning of the year that we may be suitable for applying via this method. Unfortunately, the information regarding suggested timeframes from the CHC has continually been misguided and you get so far down one processing path, that you think it's not worth changing? However, if we had been given the information currently available to SW applicant, I'm sure we would have looked at getting WP first and PR second.

Best of luck with your job hunting!
Regards Sue
I don't understand why it can't be more straight forward, still at least you are nearing the end of your application, where are you heading to ? We were told 3-4 tears for ours wonder why it takes so long,
let you know how we get on best of luck to you

cheers sue