Just Joined

Gary246 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Move to Canada from uk

Hi

yes I’ll give it another go when I get home and report back 👍

thanks for your help
Old Jul 19th 2022, 2:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Incidentally, checking JobBank there are only 95 jobs in that NOC code across Canada - and of those, only 17 are in BC, so you might want to rethink the preferred location! The majority (48) are in Ontario. https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketreport/jobs/16908/ca
Old Jul 19th 2022, 2:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gary246
Hi

yes I’ll give it another go when I get home and report back 👍

thanks for your help
No probs. I'm pretty sure you'll be eligible under the Federal Skilled Trade program, so it's just a case of making sure with that test.

Old Jul 19th 2022, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Hi

I’ve just done it again and been refused again.
it only seems to ask me what experience I’ve had in Canada which I’ve had none. It doesn’t ask about any experience in the uk.

then it’s asked about a Canadian degree or diploma or certificate which I’ve none my certs are city&guilds amongst others which aren’t Canadian.
it then says I may need to have my foreign education assessed by an agency approved immigration, refugees and citizenship Canada. They must show it is valid and equal to a Canadian credential.

Old Jul 19th 2022, 4:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi

I’ve just done it again and been refused again.
it only seems to ask me what experience I’ve had in Canada which I’ve had none. It doesn’t ask about any experience in the uk.

then it’s asked about a Canadian degree or diploma or certificate which I’ve none my certs are city&guilds amongst others which aren’t Canadian.
it then says I may need to have my foreign education assessed by an agency approved immigration, refugees and citizenship Canada. They must show it is valid and equal to a Canadian credential.
OK. I've just done it with the info you've given above and it's saying eligible to me.

I did have to make a birthdate up as I have no idea how old you are, it's possible that's an issue as you will lose points the older you get.

So personal question I know, but how old are you?

Old Jul 19th 2022, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Hi

I'm 40 years old so not very old or I didn't think I was lol.
what did you put for the Canadian experience bit ?
Loosing the will to live with it lol
Old Jul 19th 2022, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Maybe a better idea if i get my wife to do it she is 36 and put me down as coming over with her?
Old Jul 19th 2022, 4:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi

I'm 40 years old so not very old or I didn't think I was lol.
what did you put for the Canadian experience bit ?
Loosing the will to live with it lol
OK, so unfortunately your age will have a bearing on it. Canada essentially wants young, highly educated, skilled immigrants.

I said no to Canadian experience. But I still think you should be eligible, I'm going to do it again and see what we get. I'll type my answers to each question as we go along so you can check them against yours!
Old Jul 19th 2022, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Ok thanks for this its turning into a nightmare isnt it lol.
Old Jul 19th 2022, 4:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Right, so it's still saying eligible to me. My answers are below -

Province or territory you plan to live in - BC
Language test you took - IELTS
Date you took this test - 5/4/22 as you said above
Test scores - 9 for each section
Other language test results - no
How many years skilled work experience in Canada - none and none of the above
In the last 10 years, how many of skilled work experience - 6 or more (and on same page, question about at least two years work experience in trades - answered with 'two or more years')
Do you have a certificate of qualification - no
How much money - 35,224 or more (and on same page, question about family members I put 3)
Do you have a valid job offer in Canada - no
Date of birth - I put 1/6/1982
Highest level of qualification - wasn't sure on this one but assumed you would have a diploma the way you describe your education/skill, so put 3 year program?
Check all that apply page - none of the above
Marital status - married
Does your spouse plan to come with you - yes
Is your spouse a Canadian citizen or PR - no
Has your spouse lived/studied in Canada - no to both
Has your spouse taken a language test - no

That tells me you're eligible. But as above, I really wasn't sure on your education level, and unfortunately your age will be a factor so that may be the tipping point.

Old Jul 19th 2022, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Yes ive just done it again and got a yes. The only things i changed was i put my real DOB and the highest level of qualification so i think that might have been the problem the qualification i was putting was not right.

So would you say id be accepted ? I think i would be ok like you said and also when it came to do the forms properly and my wifes qualifications were on it to we would both be ok
Old Jul 20th 2022, 4:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi

Yes ive just done it again and got a yes. The only things i changed was i put my real DOB and the highest level of qualification so i think that might have been the problem the qualification i was putting was not right.

So would you say id be accepted ? I think i would be ok like you said and also when it came to do the forms properly and my wifes qualifications were on it to we would both be ok
Yes, I think you would, if you score enough. To qualify under the program I'm thinking of (Federal Skilled Trade) you'd need either provincial certification or a job offer, so that would get you another 50 points as well.

Can you check your point score on here and let us know what you get? https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigr...d/crs-tool.asp

Old Jul 21st 2022, 11:41 am
Just Joined

Hi thanks for the reply just done it got 421 if I did it right lol.

how does that sound ?
Old Jul 21st 2022, 12:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi thanks for the reply just done it got 421 if I did it right lol.

how does that sound ?
Sounds great, although higher than I would have expected tbh so might be worth double checking.

Have a read up on the requirements for the Federal Skilled Trade program, seems to me that would be your best bet - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ed-trades.html

HTH.
Old Aug 1st 2022, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

Hi

sorry I’ve not had chance to get on recently been away working.

yeah 421 seems a good number like I said if I’ve done it right lol

not had chance to look at the other one yet, what does that entail?

thanks

gary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.