Move to Canada from uk

Old Jul 18th 2022, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Gary246 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Move to Canada from uk

Hi

I’ve only just joined in the hope someone could steer me in the right direction.

I know this has probably been asked alot so sorry in advance.

me my wife and two children want to move over to Canada hopefully within the next two years.

we have been thinking about the move for quite sometime and are now wanting to start to try and get everything in place.

basically I was just wanting to know the process from start to finish from somebody who has done it fairly recently if possible.

work wise I’m a qualified voice data fibre engineer in the telecommunications field.
my wife is a qualified legal secretary and works for a solicitors.

we own our own home in the uk no mortgage so have money in that plus we have some savings to.

After quite alot of research we would be looking possibly Kamloops or around that area.

so would want to know if you thought it would be easy enough to fine jobs and a house? I’m assuming renting something might be the best option for a while ?

not filled any forms out as yet as wanted to know exactly what I was doing before stating the official process.

thanks in advance

gary

Old Jul 18th 2022, 10:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move to Canada from uk

Hi, and welcome to the Canada side of the forum!

Your first step needs to be checking to see if you're eligible for a visa. That will depend on things like your age, your highest qualifications, etc. You may need a job offer to get a visa, so I wouldn't set your heart on a particular place just yet, as if that is the case you will have to go wherever you can find an employer prepared to sponsor you, which may not be Kamloops.

Take the official eligibility test and let us know what that says as a first step - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nada-tool.html

When it asks you about English tests, say you've taken one (you can just assume max points for now as native speakers), as that will be mandatory for most visa routes, so if you say no it may say you're not eligible for anything.

The other thing to mention is that within 2 years may be optimistic, again that will depend on visa route, but some routes take longer than that.

HTH get you started at least.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 18th 2022 at 11:02 am.
Old Jul 18th 2022, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Hi
m thanks for the reply I’m just looking at that now . The English test which option do I pick or is it any ?

It’s also asking for a date I took the test and test scores ?

I think must of changed as it seems to be asking for more in depth answers than a yes or no.

thanks

Last edited by Gary246; Jul 18th 2022 at 11:48 am.
Old Jul 18th 2022, 11:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gary246
Hi
m thanks for the reply I’m just looking at that now . The English test which option do I pick or is it any ?

It’s also asking for a date I took the test and test scores ?

thanks
Pick IELTS and then just pick the maximum scores. Put any recent date for the test, it's only to give you an idea of your scores and eligibility.

HTH.
Old Jul 18th 2022, 11:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I think must of changed as it seems to be asking for more in depth answers than a yes or no.
No, it's not changed, as mentioned above you need to say you've taken one and got max points, it's only to tell you if you'd be eligible for the Express Entry program. So it's just to give you an idea for now, once you've done that you can check the next step which will be your points score - but one thing at a time!
Old Jul 18th 2022, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

Hi

again thanks for the reply’s . Do I need to say I’ve done a French test too ?
I put no for that but I’m thinking I should of put yes. Also do I put the information in for my wife the same as mine as it asked about her at the end.
Old Jul 18th 2022, 1:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi

again thanks for the reply’s . Do I need to say I’ve done a French test too ?
I put no for that but I’m thinking I should of put yes. Also do I put the information in for my wife the same as mine as it asked about her at the end.
A French test isn't mandatory, it'll just get you more points if you do speak French. But you only need to do one language test.

And your wife's education and language abilities will also get you extra points, so yes, do add her info too if you can.
Old Jul 18th 2022, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Hi

i think I must be doing something wrong I think as it’s not asking for any education info just if I’ve worked or had any experience in Canada which I haven’t.

doesn’t seem to be anywhere I can put my qualifications in or my wife’s
Old Jul 18th 2022, 3:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi

i think I must be doing something wrong I think as it’s not asking for any education info just if I’ve worked or had any experience in Canada which I haven’t.

doesn’t seem to be anywhere I can put my qualifications in or my wife’s
Is it saying you're eligible or not eligible?
Old Jul 18th 2022, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

It said I’m not eligible but pretty sure I’ve done something wrong to be honest I just don’t know what lol
Old Jul 18th 2022, 4:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

It said I’m not eligible but pretty sure I’ve done something wrong to be honest I just don’t know what lol
OK, don't worry, we can help you work it out. It's probably something really simple, it's very rare to not be eligible at all (often people are eligible to enter the pool of applicants, but then don't score enough to get PR…..but as above, that's the next step so let's work out this bit first!). Has it asked you about the amount of funds you'd have yet? If so, what did you put for that? That's often where people are rejected.

If not, then are you able to tell us what questions and answers you've had so far?
Old Jul 18th 2022, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Haha I’ve never been good at filling these sort of forms out.

It asked how much money yes but the only option to put the most was 35k + but in reality if we sold the house and moved over we would have around just short of 300k.

it asked about the English test which I put what you told me and scores and made a date up.

it asked about an other language which I put none.

think then it asked about work which I sort of found on the NOC site although it wasn’t a very good match it did say telecommunication’s engineer as such but didn’t say anything about fibre optic telecommunications engineer which is what I am and the bit that’s in demand.

it then asked about my wife but only asked if she was coming with me or not and if she had an English test I tried it saying no and yes but still pretty much told me where to go lol.

it asked about working experience and Canada qualifications in which I obviously have never worked in Canada so I said no. But didn’t ask about my qualifications I do have from the uk which I have all my copper cabling and all my fibre internal and external qualifications in city & guilds. I also have operational works supervisor now level 2 I think amongst others .

I’m a project supervisor in my line of work so quite high up with the qualifications to suit which I’ve been told they are crying out for so can’t see why it would of been knocked back.

on top of that my wife is a fully qualified Legal secretary but it didn’t ask for me to put any of that in .

god knows what I’ve done wrong seems a bit complicated for what it is lol
Old Jul 19th 2022, 1:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hmmm, that is odd. Nothing in there that should have knocked you back from what I can see. Did you put a recent date for the IELTS test?

Just checking, but when it asked you about work experience you said you had x amount of years? As it's referring to all skilled work experience, not just work experience in Canada (although it does ask about that too). What NOC do you think is closest - 7245 or 7246 maybe? Both mention fibre optics so I assume one of them?

god knows what I’ve done wrong seems a bit complicated for what it is lol
It's checking to see if you're eligible for Permanent Residency in Canada, so needs to be pretty in depth.
Old Jul 19th 2022, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Hi

i put 5-4-22 for the English test just made that up.

I read the work experience bit as have I had any work experience in Canada which I said no because I’ve never worked in Canada maybe I took that question the wrong way. Do you think times t work experience in general? I’ve been doing my job for 20 years.

I thought 7245 seemed to sound more of a better fit for my job. It didn’t ask me to put that in though it asked if I’d worked within the job 72 within the last x amount of years
Old Jul 19th 2022, 1:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I read the work experience bit as have I had any work experience in Canada which I said no because I’ve never worked in Canada maybe I took that question the wrong way. Do you think times t work experience in general? I’ve been doing my job for 20 years.
There's two questions about work experience - first it specially asks about work experience in Canada, but then the next question is just about skilled work experience (i.e. anywhere). So you'd say no to the first question, but then the next page should be a yes (to both - 6 years or more skilled work experience, and 2 years or more in a 72 job). Try changing that and see if you get a different result?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.