Move to Canada

Old Jun 13th 2019, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Jadey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Move to Canada

Hello, Please can someone help me... I am wanting to move to Canada (Toronto) specifically and I have for a while! I have family over there (aunts/cousins), but I am wanting to work there with the long term plan of living there overall. I am wondering what would be the best route to get me over there and working within the next 12 months. I have a radiographer assistant qualification (certificate of higher education) but I also do life coaching and motivational speaking which I want to turn into my mainstream career. I also do not mind doing any job really (care work/retail work etc) if it gets me working and living over there asap as I'm still in the process of developing my business and networking etc.
Pleaseee point me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful!
Thank you in advance x
Old Jun 13th 2019, 2:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move to Canada

Originally Posted by Jadey
Hello, Please can someone help me... I am wanting to move to Canada (Toronto) specifically and I have for a while! I have family over there (aunts/cousins), but I am wanting to work there with the long term plan of living there overall. I am wondering what would be the best route to get me over there and working within the next 12 months. I have a radiographer assistant qualification (certificate of higher education) but I also do life coaching and motivational speaking which I want to turn into my mainstream career. I also do not mind doing any job really (care work/retail work etc) if it gets me working and living over there asap as I'm still in the process of developing my business and networking etc.
Pleaseee point me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful!
Thank you in advance x
Hi, and welcome to BE.

Have you used the Come to Canada tool on the CIC website to see if you might be eligible for a visa? If so, what did it say? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nada-tool.html

Personal question, but how old are you?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 13th 2019 at 2:44 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2019, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Jadey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, thank you for your reply, I have used the tool on that website, but to no avail. Each time it comes back with the response that I do not qualify for any of the programmes available. I am also 27 years old and will be 28 by the time I move there.

Thank you
Kind regards
Old Jun 15th 2019, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, thank you for your reply, I have used the tool on that website, but to no avail. Each time it comes back with the response that I do not qualify for any of the programmes available. I am also 27 years old and will be 28 by the time I move there.

Thank you
Kind regards
Easiest way to get over for 2 years is by applying for the IEC work permit and then see what happens after as it will be able to open up other routes or you find that Canada isn't for you.
The IEC usually opens up around December/January of each year so too late for this year.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...anada/iec.html
Old Jun 17th 2019, 9:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you
Kind regards
Mmm, bit odd. Are you saying that you've got IELTS results (even if you don't)? You need to say yes to that to qualify for Express Entry, just guess at your scores for now. And how much are you putting for your proof of funds amount? It may be that's not enough so that's why you're being rejected.

As you're under 30, I agree that an IEC visa is the way to go, but as you want to move permanently do look in to the above as well, to make sure you can stay beyond the 2 years if you wish.

Good luck.