More info from medicals!

Old Jun 30th 2009, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

flower-power will become famous soon enoughflower-power will become famous soon enough
Default Re: More info from medicals!

hi again everyone
we have just received our medical letter and im now really stressed after hearing about the mole situation; my husband has a funny mole on his back and the idiot that he is has done nothing for the last six months; my question now is do we leave it knowing full well that the doctor will see it and then he is recalled for tests, or does he go to a mole clinic before his medical and have a test report done to take with him to the DMP?
If if it is a scary mole Canada is the least of our worrieS!!!!!!
thanks all
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 5:16 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Most moles are the NOT scary kind. I would be inclined to leave it, as the DMP could look at it and not really notice it especially if its the NON scary type. If you have it removed now chances are you will have to wait for biopsy reports etc etc and he will definately question it. If he picks up onit he may just advise you get it looked at and may not bother writing it down. Worst case scenario he has to have it removed and provide the biopsy report which is exactly what will happen if you remove it before the medical - if that makes sense.

You could always make an appointment at your GP to get it looked at - that way your not leaving it too long. If they want to take it off try and put it off til after your medical - unless its urgent

Originally Posted by flower-power
hi again everyone
we have just received our medical letter and im now really stressed after hearing about the mole situation; my husband has a funny mole on his back and the idiot that he is has done nothing for the last six months; my question now is do we leave it knowing full well that the doctor will see it and then he is recalled for tests, or does he go to a mole clinic before his medical and have a test report done to take with him to the DMP?
If if it is a scary mole Canada is the least of our worrieS!!!!!!
thanks all
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 1:13 am
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tanah
Most moles are the NOT scary kind. I would be inclined to leave it, as the DMP could look at it and not really notice it especially if its the NON scary type. If you have it removed now chances are you will have to wait for biopsy reports etc etc and he will definately question it. If he picks up onit he may just advise you get it looked at and may not bother writing it down. Worst case scenario he has to have it removed and provide the biopsy report which is exactly what will happen if you remove it before the medical - if that makes sense.

You could always make an appointment at your GP to get it looked at - that way your not leaving it too long. If they want to take it off try and put it off til after your medical - unless its urgent
You took the words right out of my mouth The only reason OH had his removed was because it was causing him problems, it was itchy and it changed quite alot over a very short space of time and I'm glad he had it removed when he did, and at the time (2 and a half years ago) we hadn't even started the immigration process. Good luck with the medicals xx
Old Jul 25th 2009, 3:01 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I should keep everyone upto date on the medical situation. OH called the hospital to find out if it would be possible to be put on the cancellation list to hopefully get an appt through quicker and to our amazement they said could he get to Halifax the next day (preferably at 7am for blood work) bearing in mind we are about 1 hour 50 mins away! Of course he said yes! So off he went at 5 the next morning. He had bloods done and was seen by the Consultant as soon as the bloods were back from the lab. The Consultant was surprised that Immigration was making him go through all this for a lump that was removed over 2.5 years ago! But hey ho we all know that if Immigration say jump we ask how high He checked him over for any further lumps and bumps and was happy that there was nothing to worry aboutand that he had absolutely no concerns whatsoever and he would put in the report that he was fit and healthy and just to remain vigilant in the future, so we were chuffed to bits. Lets just hope that thats it now and we get the passport requests asap Watch this space
Old Jul 26th 2009, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

Grendel is just really niceGrendel is just really niceGrendel is just really niceGrendel is just really niceGrendel is just really niceGrendel is just really niceGrendel is just really niceGrendel is just really niceGrendel is just really nice

Good luck. I remember how stressful our medicals were, and I hope it all goes well for you both. It's worth it in the end for that day when the visas finally arrive!
Old Jul 26th 2009, 2:39 am
Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by Grendel
Good luck. I remember how stressful our medicals were, and I hope it all goes well for you both. It's worth it in the end for that day when the visas finally arrive!
Thanks Grendel
Old Jul 26th 2009, 2:58 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Hun