Default more help please!

Hi people

just some help please

so I have got together in preparation the following;
------------------------------------------
University Segrees + transcripts
Police certificate
English test certificate

so ready to apply for my FSW application only problem is my job (as NOC 2171 IT Analyst) is not on there for 2010, I am hoping to wait & see in the off chance it will appear this June, if it does not does that mean I simply still cannot apply? and if I do I assume the likihood is they will decline my application, correct?

Its a proper catch-22 trying to secure a job offer when its not on the list nor visa is in the system.

help much appreciated

chris
Old Apr 12th 2011, 7:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: more help please!

Originally Posted by ellis1884
so ready to apply for my FSW application only problem is my job (as NOC 2171 IT Analyst) is not on there for 2010, I am hoping to wait & see in the off chance it will appear this June, if it does not does that mean I simply still cannot apply? and if I do I assume the likihood is they will decline my application, correct?
Correct. Sorry, but as you were told in your last thread you simply are not eligible to apply as a FSW without a job offer approved by HRSDC. If you applied now, you'd just be rejected.

And I really can't see 2171 being put on the list in June - it's never been on the list of occupations in demand before. IT occupations just aren't required in Canada as they once were, as evidenced by the fact that no related occupations are on the list, and that the IT 'LMO free' program ended last year as well.

I don't know why you have gone to the expense of having an IELTS and police check done tbh, seems a bit pointless but hey! Your only option seems to be to look at other visa routes - maybe try a couple of free visa assessments with recommended immigration consultants to see what your options are?

If you really do need a job offer and there is no way over without one, have a look in the Wiki and make sure you read all of the articles in the Job Hunting section for info on how to go about this. Then you can go over on a TWP (once you've got the LMO) and upgrade to PR once you are there.

Good luck.

Edit: just re-read your previous thread, what happened to the working holiday visa idea? That would be much easier than trying to get a job offer and LMO.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 12th 2011 at 7:05 am.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 7:27 am
Just Joined

ellis1884 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for your info, but damn it

i spent 5yrs at uni and want a better life for myself...prehaps i should have just been a plumber instead.

as for the cost its no biggie as i used part of my bonus money.

well I have spoken to a recuiter in Vancouver and he said the IT job market is thriving there....

a working holiday can that be any type of job or something along the lines of ski rep etc?

i have spoken to a rep and i could apply via Qubec but i dont want to learn french nor sit an interview in it.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 7:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

a working holiday can that be any type of job or something along the lines of ski rep etc?
No, it can be anything, it's an open work permit. So you could try and get a job in IT. If you do want to do it though, don't delay as there are only 5000 visas available and they are predicted to run out soon (program opened in January).

Also not sure how you can apply via Quebec if you don't speak French? Thought that good French was a requirement, plus of course the interview is in French so that'll be a bit tricky if all you can do is order a beer! I'd suggest another visa assessment or two to get a better idea of your options, they're free anyway so worth doing.

Good luck.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 8:03 am
Just Joined

again thanks for the info, have just been reading up on the working visa route
dont suppose you know if I were to apply now and it gets approved it is valid for a period of time before I move out (say I wanted it to start in October or jan of next year) or does my years temp visa start as soon as I touch down in canadian soil?

thanks
Old Apr 12th 2011, 8:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

again thanks for the info, have just been reading up on the working visa route
dont suppose you know if I were to apply now and it gets approved it is valid for a period of time before I move out (say I wanted it to start in October or jan of next year) or does my years temp visa start as soon as I touch down in canadian soil?

thanks
The year starts when you enter Canada, and you have a year to do that I believe.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 8:05 am
Just Joined

ok great exactly what I wanted to hear!

now to find the application form!
Old Apr 12th 2011, 8:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

At least that police check will come in useful now!

Good luck.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 8:09 am
Just Joined

well thats valid for a year i think so hopefully if i get out there and apply through PNP or PR the other stuff might be relevent too!
Old Apr 12th 2011, 8:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

well thats valid for a year i think so hopefully if i get out there and apply through PNP or PR the other stuff might be relevent too!
You'll need to get a LMO/TWP or AEO to apply for PR though, so chances are it will have expired by then, just FYI.

Old Apr 13th 2011, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

hey christmasoompa,

a couple more questions if you dont mind, well i have filled out ALL the paper work just need the bank to confirm my funds.

do you know If i need to fill out the temporary resident visa as part of the IEC?? as located here;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/francais/pdf/tr...IMM5257B_1.PDF

If i get a place/approved application can I work full-time for a company doing my beloved IT? or does it have to be part time?

Will they have to fill out lots of paper work in order to take me on?

I can reply for the IEC 4 times correct? (4yr period)

Once I am there and hopefully secure a good job I can then apply for PNP or PR status?

shame UK doesnt do the young professionals scheme!

its a real shame that as a highly educated guy from a commonwealth country that I cannot get into canada on a skilled worker basis!

thanks for your help! just hope there are slots left for me
Old Apr 14th 2011, 12:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

do you know If i need to fill out the temporary resident visa as part of the IEC?? as located here;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/francais/pdf/tr...IMM5257B_1.PDF
No you don't to my knowledge.

If i get a place/approved application can I work full-time for a company doing my beloved IT? or does it have to be part time?
Full-time, or part-time, is fine.

Will they have to fill out lots of paper work in order to take me on?
Not under the IEC, it's an open work permit so you are already work authorised and can start immediately without the employer having to do anything. Only thing is that some occupations would require a medical (i.e. if you were working in healthcare or with kids), but not IT.

I can reply for the IEC 4 times correct? (4yr period)
Are you sure? Thought you could only get 2, so 2 years in total? Where did you read that you can have 4?

Once I am there and hopefully secure a good job I can then apply for PNP or PR status?
Yes, if your job meets the criteria and your employer is prepared to give you a permanent job offer and obtain an AEO/LMO.

shame UK doesnt do the young professionals scheme!
Not sure what you mean here, but the UK does the same scheme for young people from other countries i.e. people aged 30 and under from Canada can come to the UK on the same program - it's a reciprocal agreement.

its a real shame that as a highly educated guy from a commonwealth country that I cannot get into canada on a skilled worker basis!
Not sure what being from a commonwealth country has to do with it, it has no bearing on immigration (going either way). And sorry, but you just don't have skills that Canada needs at the moment. Until 2008 all you needed to qualify as a Skilled Worker was 67 points or more, but then they introduced 'the list' of occupations in demand because there wasn't the same demand for 'skilled' immigrants. Remember that it works both ways, and that people from Canada that wish to emigrate to the UK often can't easily do so either.

Good luck, hope you manage to get an IEC and a job offer once you are there. Have a hunt through the forum for recent threads on the state of the IT job market over there, and to figure out where would be best to target.