More 'Goods to follow'

Old Jan 1st 2008, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Dr Glitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default More 'Goods to follow'

Hi all,
Sorry to be pedantic about this but the CBSA website page appears to have moved and I need to know what level of detail to include in the Personal effects "B4" forms and goods to follow forms. I will be landing in February with my wife and 3 kids and would appreciate it if anyone could tell me just how detailed the descriptions need to be? I know that for the goods to follow forms I can describe "3 boxes of books" for example but for the personal effects to be carried with us when landing, do I need to describe every single item in our suitcases or just refer to '1 suitcase of childrens winter clothing' etc?.
Any help appreciated.

Dr Glitz.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More 'Goods to follow'

Originally Posted by Dr Glitz
Hi all,
Sorry to be pedantic about this but the CBSA website page appears to have moved and I need to know what level of detail to include in the Personal effects "B4" forms and goods to follow forms. I will be landing in February with my wife and 3 kids and would appreciate it if anyone could tell me just how detailed the descriptions need to be? I know that for the goods to follow forms I can describe "3 boxes of books" for example but for the personal effects to be carried with us when landing, do I need to describe every single item in our suitcases or just refer to '1 suitcase of childrens winter clothing' etc?.
Any help appreciated.

Dr Glitz.
Hi Dr G

When I did mine last August I simply said as you did above "suitcase of kids clothe" and then for the PSP phones etc I just made sure that I did a little excel spreadsheet containing the item, make, serial number and value and then on the B4 for the goods in possession i just wrote on see attached schedule and then added the total value on there.

For the Goods to Follow B4 I did pretty much the same - ie "see attached schedule" and the schedule was the shippers inventory and then I placed an estimated amount next to this.

Was fine with CBSA at Calgary and the only thing which they questioned was that I had alcohol in the container - which I chose to declare - and they just charged me about $60 for about 12 bottles of malt, couple of bottles of other spirits and some champagne. I did another spreadsheet for this detailing type of alcohol, country or origin, the ABV (alcohol by volume on each of the bottles)and the cost of it and then made sure that it was right by the door of the container so if CBSA chose to search that particular box that they wouldnt have to empty the container until they found it as people on here have said that the costs of opening the container etc is probably around $800 if CBSA decide to open it.

Hope this helps

Gaynor
x