Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

MORE DELAYS WITH OUR AINP APPLICATION

MORE DELAYS WITH OUR AINP APPLICATION

Old Dec 17th 2009, 3:52 pm

dunniflat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MORE DELAYS WITH OUR AINP APPLICATION

We have had some bad luck with our journey towards AINP.

Our first application for AINP had to be cancelled right before we should have been receiving it because my husbands employer decided to retire and therefore leave him without a job and sponsor.....this sent us back to square 1 and we not only had to find a new employer very quickly but then had to go through the whole l.m.o. process for a new work permit again also.

The AINP officer told us that all we would need to do would be to forward on a new (005) form...which is the one the employer and employee fill out and that he would re-unite this together with our original (003 forms)
This seemed good news and he also told us he would hurry our application along because he understood our bad luck.

We have had our second lot of 005 forms for AINP sent off since march 2009 and although i had been on the phone asking about its progress..i never really got a proper answer.

I have recently discovered that other expats have been lucky enough to receive their nomination in time for christmas that had posted off their application later than us ......this has obviously frustrated me .

I managed to persude my husaband to call this time and find out was what going on once and for all...after all he is the principal applicant.

He was told that we would need to fill out more (updated forms) and that an email would be sent with information.

We have been told to now complete fresh 005 forms because they have since been updated and need fresh information......this also includes fresh copies of our permanent residence paperwork .....i worked on this paperwork from 6pm till 2.45am this morning trying desperately to get everything together.

The advice i have is if anyone has had similar problems .....you are definately better to start at the beginning with AINP paperwork and sent it all off again..it would have been quicker for us .......we beleived that the officer would hurry our application along due to our bad luck when in fact it has slowed it right down for us.

My husbands work permit expires in march 2010 and we had expected our nomination in time to renew our work permit without the need for an l.m.o.

We have a new AINP officer on our case now and he hopes we can get all this sorted out in time for March and that we should have our nomination early 2010.

good luck everyone else !
Old Dec 18th 2009, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

snow valley is a jewel in the roughsnow valley is a jewel in the roughsnow valley is a jewel in the roughsnow valley is a jewel in the roughsnow valley is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: MORE DELAYS WITH OUR AINP APPLICATION

Originally Posted by dunniflat
We have had some bad luck with our journey towards AINP.

Our first application for AINP had to be cancelled right before we should have been receiving it because my husbands employer decided to retire and therefore leave him without a job and sponsor.....this sent us back to square 1 and we not only had to find a new employer very quickly but then had to go through the whole l.m.o. process for a new work permit again also.

The AINP officer told us that all we would need to do would be to forward on a new (005) form...which is the one the employer and employee fill out and that he would re-unite this together with our original (003 forms)
This seemed good news and he also told us he would hurry our application along because he understood our bad luck.

We have had our second lot of 005 forms for AINP sent off since march 2009 and although i had been on the phone asking about its progress..i never really got a proper answer.

I have recently discovered that other expats have been lucky enough to receive their nomination in time for christmas that had posted off their application later than us ......this has obviously frustrated me .

I managed to persude my husaband to call this time and find out was what going on once and for all...after all he is the principal applicant.

He was told that we would need to fill out more (updated forms) and that an email would be sent with information.

We have been told to now complete fresh 005 forms because they have since been updated and need fresh information......this also includes fresh copies of our permanent residence paperwork .....i worked on this paperwork from 6pm till 2.45am this morning trying desperately to get everything together.

The advice i have is if anyone has had similar problems .....you are definately better to start at the beginning with AINP paperwork and sent it all off again..it would have been quicker for us .......we beleived that the officer would hurry our application along due to our bad luck when in fact it has slowed it right down for us.

My husbands work permit expires in march 2010 and we had expected our nomination in time to renew our work permit without the need for an l.m.o.

We have a new AINP officer on our case now and he hopes we can get all this sorted out in time for March and that we should have our nomination early 2010.

good luck everyone else !

You know, you've already been through more than most of us on here. You've survived losing one job, getting an LMO and work permit for a second job, and now the AINP hiccups.

I'm sure it will all be sorted soon now someone has actually looked at your file and seen what is needed.

I spoke to the AINP today too, who said that some applications are being processed slightly before the 10 months, so hopefully you will now be one of them.

Good luck.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 4:16 pm

dunniflat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MORE DELAYS WITH OUR AINP APPLICATION

thankyou very much snowvalley for your words of support although the officer has now told us the websites states it is taking 11 months now !
when we posted our application it took 6 months!

now we have more work to deal with because the ainp officer told us we would be safer to get the employer to send in a new foreign worker application for a labour market opinion......which means our employer who has offered my husband a permanent position and who is supporting our application for ainp has to advertise his job....which he doesnt want to have to do (obviously).
we need this lmo because the work permit expires and we have no real guarantee when/if we will receive our nomination.

i really hope the officer who is now dealing with this paperwork can help like you say ...it has been pulled from files at the moment to allow us to get the other paperwork completed and sent in...which i plan to do on monday.

regards x