Montréal sponsorship

Old Oct 2nd 2013, 12:56 am
Just Joined

Bainsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Montréal sponsorship

Hi there, this is my first post and I was wondering if you guys could help me out.
I'm 22, currently living in London and I'm planning on moving to Montréal to work as a VFX artist. So I'm aiming for a work visa and then possibly trying for PR.
I have a lot of family (Canadian residents) out there; but they are aunts, uncles and cousins - so does that qualify me for a possible family sponsorship? And if so would i need to pass the TEFaQ?

I'm applying through a few film companies for jobs in Montréal - and I thought I'd stand a much better chance of an offer if I said I'm already eligible to work out there. But if by some miracle I do get an offer through them - would I still need to pass the TEFaQ?

Thanks for any help, really is appreciated
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Montréal sponsorship

Originally Posted by Bainsy
Hi there, this is my first post and I was wondering if you guys could help me out.
I'm 22, currently living in London and I'm planning on moving to Montréal to work as a VFX artist. So I'm aiming for a work visa and then possibly trying for PR.
I have a lot of family (Canadian residents) out there; but they are aunts, uncles and cousins - so does that qualify me for a possible family sponsorship? And if so would i need to pass the TEFaQ?

I'm applying through a few film companies for jobs in Montréal - and I thought I'd stand a much better chance of an offer if I said I'm already eligible to work out there. But if by some miracle I do get an offer through them - would I still need to pass the TEFaQ?

Thanks for any help, really is appreciated
Highly unlikely you will get family sponsorship read this link for eligibility
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...-apply-who.asp

Your best bet is applying under the 2014 IEC programme. You can apply twice in total providing you meet the eligibility requirements.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...nce/index.aspx
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 3:03 am
Just Joined

Bainsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Montréal sponsorship

Thank you so much! I'll look into the IEC then...