Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Months of research, still feeling clueless!!!

Months of research, still feeling clueless!!!

Old Oct 7th 2016, 5:26 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Months of research, still feeling clueless!!!

Originally Posted by hbadamspro
Thanks @Engineer_abroad! Luckily I have my degree already. Do you they the grade into account at any point? Graduated with a First Class, so I would love to hope that it may give me a few more brownie points haha
Without the year of experience, I reached 410 points. How many do you think I may receive with the experience, or could it be absolutely anything?
Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
If you have a degree it doesn't matter that you don't have a high school diploma as your degree is higher than.

The grading of your degree doesn't matter when it comes to scores, a bachelors is a bachelors and a masters is a a masters I'm afraid.

You can check what you would score with a years experience using the CRS calculator Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) - tool

I ran a very quick one for you (based on max IELTS scores, 23 years old at application, single, bachelors degree, 1 year Canadian experience and 3 years+ foreign skilled work experience) and got 494.
Plus if you did go the Provincial Nomination route, that would automatically give you an additional 600 points.

Old Oct 7th 2016, 6:26 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Months of research, still feeling clueless!!!

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Plus if you did go the Provincial Nomination route, that would automatically give you an additional 600 points
That rings a bell