Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Which month is being processed now?

Which month is being processed now?

Old Apr 23rd 2005, 12:39 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of
Default Which month is being processed now?

Hi fellow wannabe Canadians!

I'm a new member at this site, and am wondering which month is being processed now?
In another group I'm a member of, we finally heard about the first Feb 2004 AOR getting their medicals request - is that the standing here as well?

I'm a March AOR and getting antsy...

----------
Skilled Worker application
Application sent: Jan 31, 2004
AOR: March 22, 2004 (stating a 15 month wait)
Medical request: Hoping to hear soon...
PPR:.........
Landing: Hopefully September...

Last edited by Wannabe; Apr 23rd 2005 at 12:43 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 12:51 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Which month is being processed now?

Not my month apparently, LOL!!
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 1:18 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Wannabe]Hi fellow wannabe Canadians!

I'm a new member at this site, and am wondering which month is being processed now?
In another group I'm a member of, we finally heard about the first Feb 2004 AOR getting their medicals request - is that the standing here as well?

Yep, late Jan early Feb 04 AOR's for London, seem to be getting bit hit on meds request right now.

Seemed to all happen really quickly, hope they are playing catch up now, if PPR and visa is about 2-3 months away we'll be well happy !!!

Here's to the happy dance wiggle wiggle

Rich.
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 1:37 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wannabe

Was that on the Canilink site? cos a member there heard this morning..... AOR FEB 23rd...... If not then there's TWO!!
.....and youthink YOU'RE getting antsy???? :scared:

and Tia dear???? shut up!!!. you already got yours!!!

Morw
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 2:36 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Morwenna

Morw
Ye they started ours months ago but.......it's the time it takes to complete it that is the clincher, LOL!! They seem to only have two speeds - very slow and stop.
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 5:35 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

YOu are almost the same time frame as us we are AOR March 12th. We had 18 months on the back of our card!!!
It appears around that time they shuffled all the aor cards, and some got told 15 and some 18 months!!
I know two late January , and one early Feb so join the queue!! ( behind me hopefully )
It's like being overdue for giving birth!! anniversary fo AOR ( delivery date) has past, now you just can't wait to get it over with

Originally Posted by Wannabe

----------
Skilled Worker application
Application sent: Jan 31, 2004
AOR: March 22, 2004 (stating a 15 month wait)
Medical request: Hoping to hear soon...
PPR:.........
Landing: Hopefully September...
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 5:54 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gooding
It's like being overdue for giving birth!!
It's worse!! I was two weeks over with my second child and it was infuriating enough when people asked when it was due ....... however...at least they didn't ask if I was still going to have it!!!!!! :scared:

Now we get ....

when are you going?

have you heard yet?

are you still going?

haven't you gone yet?

I thought you were going to Caanada!

Are you still here??????!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 23rd 2005, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

bobhope is on a distinguished road

It's worse!! I was two weeks over with my second child and it was infuriating enough when people asked when it was due ....... however...at least they didn't ask if I was still going to have it!!!!!! :scared:

Now we get ....

when are you going?

have you heard yet?

are you still going?

haven't you gone yet?

Strangely enough I seem to have had all of those questions asked of me too!!!!!!!!! Im a feb 6th AOR so fingers crossed. Anyway off to Edmonton next week bit of research etc
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 6:57 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Now we get ....

when are you going?

have you heard yet?

are you still going?

haven't you gone yet?

and we get: 'have you sold your house yet?

'we thought your house was up for sale?

'heard anything

blah blah drone drone

It's rather boring now after nigh on two years !!! Wish we hadn't told anyone, but we did in the midst of all the excitement, and regret it somewhat !
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light

Was that on the Canilink site? cos a member there heard this morning..... AOR FEB 23rd...... If not then there's TWO!!
.....and youthink YOU'RE getting antsy???? :scared:

Morw
AOR Feb 23rd??? Now I'm getting even more anxious :scared: , we're the 2nd and have heard diddly squat. Major paranoia attack coming on. I know what you all mean about the questions. I'm starting to feel like a fraud. People say "I thought you were going to Canada?" "What are you still doing here?" I reckon that some people think I'm some kind of saddo who made the whole thing up to make my life sound more interesting
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

I think they drag it out to boost the Canadian economy. The longer it takes, the more "fact finding" trips you are likely to go on, thus spending money on airline tickets, car hire, accomodation, food, obligatory clothing purchases etc...

Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:23 am

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Which month is being processed now?

Originally Posted by gooding
YOu are almost the same time frame as us we are AOR March 12th. We had 18 months on the back of our card!!!
It appears around that time they shuffled all the aor cards, and some got told 15 and some 18 months!!
I know two late January , and one early Feb so join the queue!! ( behind me hopefully )
It's like being overdue for giving birth!! anniversary fo AOR ( delivery date) has past, now you just can't wait to get it over with
*squeezes into the queue, behind gooding, of course! :-)*

I think I was very lucky to get the 15 month wait - almost everyone else I know of, got 18. Hopefully it really means something, apart from being digits on the card...
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by smitp11
I think they drag it out to boost the Canadian economy. The longer it takes, the more "fact finding" trips you are likely to go on, thus spending money on airline tickets, car hire, accomodation, food, obligatory clothing purchases etc...

If so, their tactics didn't work with me, as I'm using a Nowegian airline, and staying with friends and not spending much money when I'm there!
Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:51 pm
little snowy owl

Well the London applicant I mentioned above, (AOR Feb 23rd '04, med requests received yesterday), was given an expected wait time of up to 18 months on their AOR and heard at 14 months to the day!!!

Which just goes to show, ...... don't get too hung up on 15-18-21 months or whatever....there IS no rhyme or reason ....I think it depends on whose desk your file lands on as much as anything ....whether they are a fast/slow worker, or how pernicketty they are ...... I dunno!