money saved on application...

Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default money saved on application...

I'm starting to get rather worried about this, and the exchange rate isn't helping

We're applying through NS CI, and the application will be submitted in April (whilst we're over on a recce). I'm not entirely sure how much money you need to show when you apply by this route; if I remember correctly it's $10000 for the standard application, I'm thinking it must be the same?

We were comfortably going to have that, and I'm still pretty sure we will, but the exchange rate seems to be diminishing what we have every day

Also, my OH has been in the process of starting a business for the past 6 months or so. It should have started in January, and pretty much been making money from the outset, but instead there have been issues with the location and things have dragged on, meaning it's not started yet and has been a bit more of a drain on the finances.

I *know* we will have enough when we actually move over (if we're accepted) because I last year I got a good pay increase so can save a lot, and OH will have the business going and be able to save. But right now it's not as rosy as I was hoping it would be.

If we can show at least $10000 when we apply is that enough for the application? It's clearly going to be more than that when we land but I don't know how that can be taken into account...

stressing....!
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: money saved on application...

found this posting on the forum hope it helps :

quote''

You would just need to double check the criteria for NS PNP skilled worker and that the job meets it.

http://www.novascotiaimmigration.com/en-page1078.aspx

Here are the guidelines, not sure if the education criteria is different from the CI stream???? I dont think it is

Minimum Criteria
Please note: If there is a difference between the assessment of the Nova Scotia Nominee Program
(NSNP) Officer and your self-assessment, the NSNP Officer's assessment will be used.
FACTOR CRITERIA FOR SKILLED WORKER
Age You are between the ages of 21 and 55
Education &
Training
You have completed a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent, or have a minimum
of 13 years of schooling; and
You have the appropriate education, training and qualifications, licensing and
accreditation required for the position.
Language
Ability
You have sufficient English or French language capability to perform the
employment duties and to be functional in Nova Scotia upon arrival. Your
abilities are verified by one of the following:
�� Employer application form
�� internationally recognized test results
�� certificates from language classes
�� educational transcripts or employment references or other
documentation indicating English or French as the principal language of
instruction or communication
Work
Experience
You have sufficient work experience (minimum of two years) related to the
position and skills for the job.
The evidence of work experience or transferable skills will be verified by
certified education and/or work experience via your résumé or curriculum vitae
(CV) and supporting employment documents.
Adaptability You can satisfactorily demonstrate to the Province your genuine intention and
ability to establish successfully in Nova Scotia

Financial and
Settlement
Supports
You can demonstrate that you have sufficient settlement supports and financial
resources, including funds in your name, in order to pay your immigration costs
and travel expenses (if applicable) and to successfully establish yourself and
your family.
Federal guidelines generally recommend that immigrants arrive with a
minimum of $10,000, plus $2,000 for each dependent. This recommended
amount is reduced in the case of an NSNP Skilled Worker who has a
permanent full-time employment and/or is already living in Nova Scotia.

Hope this helps, perhaps the federal SW route may be better, if you reach the points with the employment offer in hand, its difficult to know, but hopefully you can look at both options and see which is the best route for you

Last edited by joinerboy; Feb 22nd 2010 at 10:13 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks very much for that . If I'm reading that right it means they're looking for $12000? In which case we should be OK. I might drop a quick email to our RDA contact anyway just to be sure.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 11:05 pm
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by izzi81
thanks very much for that . If I'm reading that right it means they're looking for $12000? In which case we should be OK. I might drop a quick email to our RDA contact anyway just to be sure.
Hi Izzi,

you need to demonstrate that you have at least $12,000 if it's for you and your husband. That's $10k plus $2k for your spouse/dependant. You also have to provide evidence that you have the money either in a bank account or even as equity in your home.

Hope this helps! and good luck with everything
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

OK if that's the case we should be OK, unless the exchange rate plummets a ridiculous amount!
Thanks for the help