Money!

Old Jan 17th 2010, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

linz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Money!

Hi all,

Just a quick question about proof of funds on landing - i have looked on the CIC website and in the Wiki and also searched the forum but cannot find the answer for love nor money!

If you are only landing and then coming back to the UK, do you still have to provide proof of funds? I was under the impression that you had to show that you can support yourself and your family when you first arrive but if you are not staying is it the same?

I ask because when we finally put our app in for PR, the equity in the house will contribute to our funds. Now, if we are only visiting when we land we obviously won't have sold the house so that money will not be available......

Does that makes sense?

Thanks
Old Jan 17th 2010, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Money!

You need the minimum required 'unencumbered' settlement funds on
'Landing' as this is the point your PR visa becomes valid regardless of weather you intend to return back to the UK. During your landing process you may not be asked to prove funds but not sure it's wise to rely on this happening.
You will have 12months from the date of your medical to land.
Hope this helps

regards
Joinerboy

Last edited by joinerboy; Jan 17th 2010 at 9:17 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

duncanspilaweller is on a distinguished road

Hi,

im sorry to 'jack' this thread but i was unaware of any amount of funds that would be needed upon landing in canada. I am to enter Canada prior to May 12th for my common-law PR visa. What is the amount of funds required to enter in this visa?

Thanks,
Duncan
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:26 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by duncanspilaweller
Hi,

im sorry to 'jack' this thread but i was unaware of any amount of funds that would be needed upon landing in canada. I am to enter Canada prior to May 12th for my common-law PR visa. What is the amount of funds required to enter in this visa?

Thanks,
Duncan
None, it doesn't apply to spousal c/law sponsorships.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi linz3112

Which category have you applied under,
if you have arranged employment minimum funds don't apply but if like me you are fsw cat1 you will need the minimum funds.

Hope this helps

regards
Joinerboy
Old Jan 18th 2010, 7:36 am
Banned

How long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really nice

We're flying out 29th Feb, for 4 persons we need C$20,130, we're only landing.
The amounts are on the CIC website but they're not easy to find. I will try and find out where it is later if you're struggling, a bit short of time at the moment.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $10,833
2 $13,486
3 $16,580
4 $20,130
5 $22,831
6 $25,749
7 or more $28,668

hope this info helps

regards
Joinerboy
Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

linz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks everyone for your replies. We will be applying under FSW but not for another year or so, we have commitments here and my OH needs more experience under his belt for the Red Seal etc.
Thanks again