Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Mods, IEC Questions need own threads!

Mods, IEC Questions need own threads!

Old Mar 1st 2012, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

sammo034 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Mods, IEC Questions need own threads!

There are over 2500 replies in the IEC thread. It is impossible to find answers.

Obviously there is a need to put different IEC questions into their own threads or own section.

A previous question i posted as a new thread has just been moved into the inane mass of replies in that thread.

There are many valid questions that are going unanswered as they get swamped with people posting replies to other questions like "Whoo whos going to vancouver?" replies consiting of "Me" "me also" "yeah i am to. whoo"

Having to search through all the useless chaff is unnecessarily annoying.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 9:55 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mods, IEC Questions need own threads!

Why not send a PM or e-mail instead of starting a pointless thread?
Old Mar 1st 2012, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

sammo034 is an unknown quantity at this point

To see if other people agree the need for it? or if its just me.

A PM would ask the opinion of one, whereas a pointless thread might get people saying....

"whooo!" "I agree" "yeahhhhh" "Me to" :P
Old Mar 1st 2012, 10:54 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Why not send a PM or e-mail instead of starting a pointless thread?
What's pointless about a thread offering a reasonable suggestion?

Maybe I have missed something in the forum guidelines, whereby someone should not start a thread attempting to debate a possible forum improvement. I did the same some time back and it was well received the admins, minus any supposedly witty retorts.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

The have been plenty of threads in her about IEC issues and as far as I know there's nothing to stop people posting more (I've posted several myself). If people choose to post in the large IEC thread, that's their shout.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 11:38 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
......If people choose to post in the large IEC thread, that's their shout.
Valid point.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

I think the OP has a fair point if questions are being moved into the mass thread and (inadvertently) buried.

Although the "search" button is not to be underestimated either
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sammo034
There are over 2500 replies in the IEC thread. It is impossible to find answers.

Obviously there is a need to put different IEC questions into their own threads or own section.

A previous question i posted as a new thread has just been moved into the inane mass of replies in that thread.

There are many valid questions that are going unanswered as they get swamped with people posting replies to other questions like "Whoo whos going to vancouver?" replies consiting of "Me" "me also" "yeah i am to. whoo"

Having to search through all the useless chaff is unnecessarily annoying.
I don't see any replies like that in the IEC thread
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 5:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, because of the time of year, we have a lot of new members joining just to ask IEC related questions at the moment, and if we left those questions as standalone threads, the whole immigration forum would be taken over by them! Which I'm sure you'll agree is hardly fair on everybody else, particularly our longer term members whose questions would very quickly be moved on to page 2 of the forum.

If it's an unusual question or something specific to that person then we may leave the thread, but otherwise we're moving them to the IEC threads to keep everything together. Yours was a question about habitual residency iirc, which has been covered many times previously.

Anybody wishing to get an answer to an IEC related FAQ can then just search those threads, so it keeps all the info in one place. I hope that this clarifies why your thread was moved.

Lastly, I would like to ask you to please take the time to re-read the site rules, paying particular attention to no. 15. Any further issues, please PM us.

Thread closed.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 2nd 2012 at 5:48 am.