Missing PR Card

Old Sep 28th 2009, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

volovolo1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Missing PR Card

Received PR cards 2 weeks ago after a 5 week wait, however my OH's card didn't arrive with the rest of the family's batch. Thought I'd wait for it to arrive but after 2 weeks still nothing. Now am wondering what is going on. Tried calling CIC but can never speak to an agent, just the auto machines. Anyone had this experience and what can I do next?
Old Sep 28th 2009, 11:04 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing PR Card

It is possible that your wife will have to retake her photograph. That is the usual cause of delays.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Will they communicate with me on this or I have to be proactive?
Old Sep 29th 2009, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

According to this document PR cards are processed individually so your partner's card might not have been produced yet.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc.../enf27-eng.pdf

Note: As each PR card is produced independently of those of other family members, a
complete mailing address is required for each client record in FOSS. Family members cannot
be located through references to “Head of Family.”
Once the examination is complete, Copy 1 of the form with the client’s photo and
signature is detached and forwarded to the CPC in Sydney for scanning in digital format.
The CPC merges the FOSS client file with the digitized images of the photo and
signature and transmits this information to the Card Production Facility (CPF), where the
PR card is generated. The CPF places the finished cards in individual envelopes that are
mailed separately to each new permanent resident. Clients may be informed of the
approximate delivery time frames as posted on the CIC Web site
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...rocess-in.html, Applications Processed in
Canada, taking into account the additional time for local mail delivery, and given the
instructions to report any unusual delays to the Call Centre (see 7.11 below).
So this may mean that it's still in the queue. But of course you can call the CIC hotline to find out if something went wrong.

Also:
7.11. Reporting lost cards and other representations to the Call Centre

Permanent residents may report non-receipt of a card to the Call Centre or request an
update on their file to verify when their card will be issued. The Call Centre informs clients
of the date of production and advises a final deadline for receipt, based on the normal
production schedule as well as the mailing and return time frames of undeliverable mail
established by Canada Post. Alternatively, if these deadlines have been exceeded, the
Call Centre may suggest that a new application be submitted.
Cards that have not been received within six weeks of production are deemed to be lost.
These clients should be instructed to complete a Solemn Declaration concerning a
permanent resident card that was lost, stolen, destroyed or never received [IMM 5451E)]
to support a request for a new card made to the CPC-PRC. The original card is then
revoked in the system and entered in the LSFD module in FOSS to prevent unauthorized
use by a third party (see Appendix C).

Last edited by kleinluka; Sep 29th 2009 at 12:50 am.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kleinluka
According to this document PR cards are processed individually so your partner's card might not have been produced yet.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc.../enf27-eng.pdf

So this may mean that it's still in the queue. But of course you can call the CIC hotline to find out if something went wrong.

Also:

We landed on July 21 I think and still haven't received our PR cards. According to your post, are we to assume that our PR cards have been lost?
Old Sep 29th 2009, 3:14 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Tracywall
We landed on July 21 I think and still haven't received our PR cards. According to your post, are we to assume that our PR cards have been lost?
With the new style card in August, it seems to be taking 8/9 weeks. You could always inquire through the call Centre, 1-888-242-2100
Old Sep 29th 2009, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

With the new style card in August, it seems to be taking 8/9 weeks. You could always inquire through the call Centre, 1-888-242-2100
Thank you i'll try giving the call centre a call in the morning as I suspect they only work 8 till 4.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Finally got through to the call centre. The issue is now resolved. There was information not completed on my OH's Confirmation of Permanent Residence form and the card had to be withdrawn after being processed. So now have to fill in new forms with the missing info. Info missing ..Became PR at:...... Thanks for the replies.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 5:12 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

It takes a while for them to contact you so in your case contacting them was a good idea.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
It takes a while for them to contact you so in your case contacting them was a good idea.

I just tried calling the call centre and after pressing a whole heap of buttons to try to speak to someone they were busy.... anyway it did say in the automated voice messaging that if you landed as a permanent resident after July 20, 2009 (which we did we landed on July 21) then the application hasn't yet been processed and they are currently being processed in 88 days. So I guess this means that our cards haven't been lost just not processed as yet.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Scientist is an unknown quantity at this point

I landed on 24th july and recieved my PR card on 23rd August. So I guess every case is dealt differently..
Old Sep 30th 2009, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

clactonlad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I was just about to post something similar! I landed on the 6th of August and am yet to receive my PR card. From reading the above, i just want to clarify that this is normal and that it is currently taking 88 days for them to produce the new cards? Or should i call CIC and chase them up?

Cheers,

Wayne
Old Sep 30th 2009, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by clactonlad
Hi guys,

I was just about to post something similar! I landed on the 6th of August and am yet to receive my PR card. From reading the above, i just want to clarify that this is normal and that it is currently taking 88 days for them to produce the new cards? Or should i call CIC and chase them up?

Cheers,

Wayne

Well on the voicemail it says they are taking 88 days to process them but my husband and kids cards turned up yesterday just not mine so I am at a loss as to what is happening with them being done.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

clactonlad is an unknown quantity at this point

Funnily enough, guess what came in the mail today!

Good luck to everyone else waiting!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 1:03 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

I landed at CIC Mississauga on July 27th and didn't get my PR Card in the mail until 16th September, so I think it just takes a while. No idea if has the new photograph style or not as it's my first PR card.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.