Missing passport!!!

Old Mar 26th 2011, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

La_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really nice
Default Missing passport!!!

Hi everyone!!
I was recently sent my passport request which was amazing !!
So I looked on the CIC website to check the drop off times and days and saw that they have a drop off service from Mon-Fri between 8am - 4pm.

So I thought this was the service I was looking for (big mistake!!)

So I went along on a Monday and dropped off my passport but the security guy did not give me a receipt which I thought was quite strange as I had read previous posts which said they had received one.

I asked him for one and he just gave me a slip of paper with an email address on saying any problems to email them. I didnt feel quite right about this but was so excited that I was almost at the end of my whole process!!

I went back to the embassy two weeks later on a Thursday only to be told that I had in fact dropped my passport off on the wrong day and that for PR visas the drop off day is only Thursday between 2pm-3pm Gutted!!

I asked him what would happen to my passport as I dropped it on the wrong day and he said they would contact me .

Well that was almost two weeks ago and still no word from the embassy, I have also lost the paper which the first guy gave me and the CIC website is a nightmare to try and find right contacts

My question is has anyone been in a simular situation or does anyone have any contact details for the correct department?

I am only worried that they have not passed my passport onto the right department and my 40 days is running out.

Any help would be great, thanks in advance!!

LA
Old Mar 26th 2011, 11:28 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing passport!!!

1) You went on the wrong day.
2) You gave someone your passport with no receipt.
3) You lost the only bit of paper you were given.

Unbelievable.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 12:35 am
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by La_de_da_de_dum
Hi everyone!!
I was recently sent my passport request which was amazing !!
So I looked on the CIC website to check the drop off times and days and saw that they have a drop off service from Mon-Fri between 8am - 4pm.

So I thought this was the service I was looking for (big mistake!!)

So I went along on a Monday and dropped off my passport but the security guy did not give me a receipt which I thought was quite strange as I had read previous posts which said they had received one.

I asked him for one and he just gave me a slip of paper with an email address on saying any problems to email them. I didnt feel quite right about this but was so excited that I was almost at the end of my whole process!!

I went back to the embassy two weeks later on a Thursday only to be told that I had in fact dropped my passport off on the wrong day and that for PR visas the drop off day is only Thursday between 2pm-3pm Gutted!!

I asked him what would happen to my passport as I dropped it on the wrong day and he said they would contact me .

Well that was almost two weeks ago and still no word from the embassy, I have also lost the paper which the first guy gave me and the CIC website is a nightmare to try and find right contacts

My question is has anyone been in a simular situation or does anyone have any contact details for the correct department?

I am only worried that they have not passed my passport onto the right department and my 40 days is running out.

Any help would be great, thanks in advance!!

LA
Personally I would report my passport lost and apply for a new one using same day service in London and then hand deliver it to CIC this Thursday explaining the sequence of events and then hope. A 'security guy' who never gave you a receipt sounds almost unbelievable.......he might have got a good price for it
Old Mar 27th 2011, 1:35 am
Just Joined

La_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really nice

Hi again!!
In response to James M.C, I thought this forum was a place to come for positive advice not to be criticized

I know that what I did was a stupid thing but guess what I'm human and we all make mistakes. There were many circumstances for me being in a daze that day such as just getting back from Toronto the day before and also I had a very tired toddler with me, all of which I did not think was relevant to add to the post.

In response to the second poster, at the embassy when you drop off your passport you are asked to stand outside until you are called in by a security guard.
You are then asked to place your passport on a scanning machine and then your passport is then dropped in a secure box while you are stand there.

So I am sure that no one else has it.

Thanks.

LA
Old Mar 27th 2011, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

I can't offer any advice, sorry. But just wanted to say that I hope you get it resolved soon
Old Mar 27th 2011, 2:10 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the support Nicola, I really hope so to