Missing out on medical

Old Nov 27th 2011, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

ryan-chris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Missing out on medical

Hi everybody,

I would really appreciate any help in the situation I am right now. I did my PR federal application through London office on the 22 august 2011. During midst october I had to travel to France for emergency reasons and just came back this weekend.

I was just opening my mails today and I saw a post from London cic office with a medical request letter dated 7th october. The thing is that I have been informed that I got only 60 days from the date of that letter to do my medicals. I sincerely do not what to do. I am trying to book my medical in the coming week but I may well run out of time because my 60 days will be the 5th December!

The earliest appointment I am getting is on the 5 December itself. By the time the reports are sent to the cic London, my 60 days will be over!

I badly need some advices.

Thanks for the continuous support

Ryan
Old Nov 28th 2011, 2:24 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing out on medical

Relax and send them an explanatory letter. They are seldom overstrict on this anyway. Then take the medical exam as soon as you can.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 3:32 am
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

You may be able to get an earlier appointment if you are prepared to travel a bit further, just a thought.

Try ringing around to a number of DMPs. We had our meds 3 weeks ago and the appointments times here in Calgary varied between a week and 5 weeks!

Good Luck and keep calm, the last thing you want is high blood pressure.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Our med requests were dated 15th September, 60 days from then would be November 14th. As my wife was due to give birth in early October, we knew we couldn't do it straight away. When we looked at getting an appointment, the earliest we got was November 7th.

Obviously, Ottawa will receive the results beyond the 14th November (60 day deadline), but as the letter said you must arrange for your medicals to be done within 60 days, not to have them sent to Ottawa within 60 days, I'm not overly worried.

Hope I make sense.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: Missing out on medical

Originally Posted by wolstie
Our med requests were dated 15th September, 60 days from then would be November 14th. As my wife was due to give birth in early October, we knew we couldn't do it straight away. When we looked at getting an appointment, the earliest we got was November 7th.

Obviously, Ottawa will receive the results beyond the 14th November (60 day deadline), but as the letter said you must arrange for your medicals to be done within 60 days, not to have them sent to Ottawa within 60 days, I'm not overly worried.

Hope I make sense.
Hi

I have been calling medical centres today to book an appointment but they refused to book me in because I don't have sufficient days. They said it will normally take 5-7 days for the reports to reach the CIC and this has to be done within the 60 days.

I have also emailed and sent a letter to the CIC. All I can do now is to wait for their answer and therein book my appointment.

R
Old Nov 28th 2011, 6:52 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

This is beginning to look like a troll. Last post makes no sense.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Jim - I'm not overly concerned, but do you reckon I should be worried given my approach to the medicals outlined above? The day after we did the medicals I sent a letter to CIC with a copy of the new baby's birth certificate and passport (we got these unbelieveably quick!), explaining why we had only just done the meds.

Also, I heard from some friends who also had a baby whilst in Canada awaiting PR, that when they informed CIC of their new arrival, their case was fast tracked - you know of any truth in this?

Cheers,
Old Nov 28th 2011, 10:30 pm

You have done everything correctly. The baby being born in Canada does not need a medical and you have done yours promptly they became possible. As I said they are not overly strict about such things. They just want to keep cases flowing. Your letter will calm any such waters anyway.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Hi,

I have quoted this from http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca.../visas/18.aspx and I believe it is the same for everyone else. " You must undergo the medical examination within 60 days from the date of this letter, otherwise your application will be refused. Our designated doctors have been instructed not to carry out medical examinations for visa applicants who appear at their offices after the expiry of this period."

From what I understand, the Medical tests should be carried out within the 60 days, irrespective of the posts to the High Commission. But it seems these Medical centres are making things difficult.

R
Old Nov 29th 2011, 3:56 pm

Why have you quoted from instructions for applicants in Russia?

Originally Posted by ryan-chris
Hi,

I have quoted this from http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca.../visas/18.aspx and I believe it is the same for everyone else. " You must undergo the medical examination within 60 days from the date of this letter, otherwise your application will be refused. Our designated doctors have been instructed not to carry out medical examinations for visa applicants who appear at their offices after the expiry of this period."

From what I understand, the Medical tests should be carried out within the 60 days, irrespective of the posts to the High Commission. But it seems these Medical centres are making things difficult.

R
Old Nov 29th 2011, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

Hiya

Since it's from the high commission I was just thinking maybe the same procedures apply to us as well. I really don't know since I cannot find any other info.