Missing the email from CIC...

Old Nov 11th 2011, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice
Default Re: Missing the email from CIC...

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Ah, I see. But if you look at PMM's posts, you'll see that he always replies like that - he is direct and to the point (as you said you appreciated?), but he is a professional that very kindly takes time out to help people on the forum and who knows immigration law inside out. Personally, I think he's a very valuable asset to the forum and is the most knowledgeable member we have, regardless of how succinct his answers are.

I realise that you use BE 'as a tool' when you want answers, but there are a huge amount of people on the forum who only give, and do not take. With respect, if you only want answers that are sugar coated, a public forum isn't the place to get them. I also think that the Canada forum is probably amongst the most gentle of forums on BE - just take a look at some of the responses in the US and/or Oz forums to see what I mean. Now *they* can be direct!
1. I dont have time to 'look' at other peoples previous posts, just a tad time consuming / pointless and dare I say it... sad??

2. If this pmm person is a 'professional', then I dont really see the professionalism in the response "not your mother" - Does he think Im an idiot?

Be it on a forum or said to my face, if someone replies to a genuine query of mine in the manner they did, I am going to be a little peed off at it.. Both for directing a tone of cheekiness to me, and also for wasting my time.

And yes, I do appreciate direct and to the point... not patronising.

And when have I ever implied I want "sugar coated answers"??
I am not a naive idiot who doesnt understand what a forum is all about, so no need to keep going round in circles reminding me that there is "all different kinds of people"

Another rant over. unfortunatley I dont get paid to sit at a computer

Last edited by alcat2010; Nov 11th 2011 at 2:35 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 7:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing the email from CIC...

*sigh* So it seems your attitude is that everybody must be pleasant and lovely to you all the time, but it's perfectly fine for you to criticise others and be rude to them. Perhaps you could reconsider the way you interact with others on the forum if you want to know why you 'seem to attract sum [sic] negative/frosty replies'.

I am going to close this thread now, as PMM gave you the answers you required in post no. 2, even if you didn't appreciate the way he gave them to you. Next time you have a question, please bear in mind that you may get responses you don't like, but that *is* the nature of the forum I'm afraid.