Missing the email from CIC...

Old Nov 9th 2011, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice
Default Missing the email from CIC...

Hi all.

On waiting on a response from CIC after sending in your application for visa, (in our case federal skilled worker)

Just a couple of paranoid questions if any1 can help ?..

Q- What if there is a problem with your fee payment ?(i.e. a problem at the bank when cic try to process payment. credit card / bankers draft ... Will they alert you to amend the problem?)

Q- What if you dont notice / reply to the email from cic?(i.e. the PER email is sent to your spam inbox, or its deleted by mistake?)

Iv got a bit of an over active mind I know but maybe someone has experienced something similar itd be good for a heads up

Thanks

Last edited by alcat2010; Nov 9th 2011 at 12:45 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 4:51 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing the email from CIC...

Hi

Originally Posted by alcat2010
Hi all.

On waiting on a response from CIC after sending in your application for visa, (in our case federal skilled worker)

Just a couple of paranoid questions if any1 can help ?..

Q- What if there is a problem with your fee payment ?(i.e. a problem at the bank when cic try to process payment. credit card / bankers draft ... Will they alert you to amend the problem?)

Q- What if you dont notice / reply to the email from cic?(i.e. the PER email is sent to your spam inbox, or its deleted by mistake?)

Iv got a bit of an over active mind I know but maybe someone has experienced something similar itd be good for a heads up

Thanks
'
1. Not your mother, problem with the fee, they return the application.
2. See 1, it is up to you to keep track of the emails.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

'
Haha, nice and blunt / straight to the point. Just the way I like it. Cheers.

But I'm sure i have read a few posts in the past about applicants having problems with their initial fees (the fault of their banks if I remember right) .. would like to hear any experiences of this, and see what the outcome was.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Found 1 example of the nightmare scenario ....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...m+with+payment
Old Nov 10th 2011, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

sky_summers is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha, nice and blunt / straight to the point. Just the way I like it. Cheers.

But I'm sure i have read a few posts in the past about applicants having problems with their initial fees (the fault of their banks if I remember right) .. would like to hear any experiences of this, and see what the outcome was.
Alcat... I know what it's like to have an overactive mind when it comes to all this stuff. We are always wondering "what if" I'm still scared we miss our email with our ppr. Especially as I see that some people who applied later than myself already have decisions! Anyway - I thought this forum was a good way to converse with people in similar situations - but the atmosphere seems somewhat frosty today!
Old Nov 10th 2011, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ha yeah, I'm glad you noticed that frostiness too! Maybe its the way I write things down, but I seem to attract sum negative / frosty replies to my threads.. sometimes its hard not to rise to the bait!

Thanks for reply sky
Old Nov 10th 2011, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Ha yeah, I'm glad you noticed that frostiness too! Maybe its the way I write things down, but I seem to attract sum negative / frosty replies to my threads.. sometimes its hard not to rise to the bait!

Thanks for reply sky
Personally I can't see any reason why you'd attract such replies. Perhaps too many people with too much time on their hands. Personally, I joined this forum because I was looking for other people to share their experiences of the immigration process. In particular, be able to answer some specific questions which relate to my situation. Although there are many genuine, considerate people on this forum, there are others who think they have the answer to everything and I have noticed some inaccurate being dished out. Find it rather bemusing (and this is an example) that someone who perhaps lived in Canada for a short while on a temporary working visa can give proper accurate information on permanent residency and spousal applications if they haven't experienced this first hand. While most replies are appreciated greatly... I just feel the content and sharpness of others are completely unecessary.

FYI... I have too much time on my hands today
Old Nov 10th 2011, 7:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky_summers
While most replies are appreciated greatly... I just feel the content and sharpness of others are completely unecessary.
I have just looked back at your past posts and genuinely can't see anybody that has been 'sharp' with you, but don't forget that if you feel somebody has crossed the line, you can use the report button to report a post that you feel breaks site rules.

We can then take a look and take any action that is necessary.

As for people giving advice, it often makes no difference if they don't have direct experience, as they will still know the answer and most people appreciate that. This forum is all about helping each other out as much as possible, and most advice is taken very gratefully even if it's not from somebody that's been through exactly the same thing.

Old Nov 10th 2011, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I have just looked back at your past posts and genuinely can't see anybody that has been 'sharp' with you, but don't forget that if you feel somebody has crossed the line, you can use the report button to report a post that you feel breaks site rules.

We can then take a look and take any action that is necessary.

As for people giving advice, it often makes no difference if they don't have direct experience, as they will still know the answer and most people appreciate that. This forum is all about helping each other out as much as possible, and most advice is taken very gratefully even if it's not from somebody that's been through exactly the same thing.

I was referring to the frostiness in general - not that it had been directed specifically to me. I feel that if some people want to take time to reply to a post there is no harm in being pleasant about it. After all - it costs nothing to be nice

As for your comment on people giving advice... I have to disagree with you on that one. How can someone possibly answer a specific question based on assumptions. Like I said - I am grateful for some of the information I have come across on here, and there are many genuine people with good responses, however not all information is accurate and this may have an impact on those who are using this information when sending off applications. Yes, information may be learned through reading posts, but unless you are an immigration officer or know the facts for sure, you can't provide someone info with accuracy. That is of course my opinion only and not meant to upset anyone or cause offence
Old Nov 10th 2011, 8:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I was referring to the frostiness in general - not that it had been directed specifically to me.
Ah, ok. I have missed any frostiness but you just have to think of the forum as just another community - in it, you'll get the polite people, the not so polite, the funny ones, the rude ones, etc, etc. It's a public forum, so we get all sorts!

How can someone possibly answer a specific question based on assumptions. Like I said - I am grateful for some of the information I have come across on here, and there are many genuine people with good responses, however not all information is accurate and this may have an impact on those who are using this information when sending off applications. Yes, information may be learned through reading posts, but unless you are an immigration officer or know the facts for sure, you can't provide someone info with accuracy.
I can't believe that anybody would seriously take advice given over the internet by a bunch of strangers as gospel would they? Surely most people would check it out themselves by using the CIC website and/or an immigration lawyer if they have a specific query.

Inaccuracies are often corrected on the forum anyway (that's the beauty of it, again anybody can post), and there are many professionals that post on the forum who know their stuff, but there are also a lot of laymen that just try and help out where they can. Most of us appreciate that very much, and bear in mind that is is just a discussion forum and not a legal one.

Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ah, ok. I have missed any frostiness but you just have to think of the forum as just another community - in it, you'll get the polite people, the not so polite, the funny ones, the rude ones, etc, etc. It's a public forum, so we get all sorts!

I can't believe that anybody would seriously take advice given over the internet by a bunch of strangers as gospel would they? Surely most people would check it out themselves by using the CIC website and/or an immigration lawyer if they have a specific query.

Inaccuracies are often corrected on the forum anyway (that's the beauty of it, again anybody can post), and there are many professionals that post on the forum who know their stuff, but there are also a lot of laymen that just try and help out where they can. Most of us appreciate that very much, and bear in mind that is is just a discussion forum and not a legal one.

I think I sense a somewhat patronising tone to your email But hey - I guess that's the beauty of forums... You "get all sorts."
Old Nov 11th 2011, 9:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I think I sense a somewhat patronising tone to your email But hey - I guess that's the beauty of forums... You "get all sorts."
Indeed you do, including those that seem to have a chip on their shoulder for no reason and read far too much in to stuff. If you don't think the forum is for you, then nobody's going to force you to join in!

Have you read the link in my signature? It's also on the main page, and would be well worth a read if you haven't already.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 11th 2011 at 10:13 am.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PMM
I think the 'frostiness' sky is referring to christmasoompa is examples / replies like the one above.

This question I asked could have quite easily been answered differently..

The patronising / sarcastic / frostiness etc in some peoples posts is obviously there too see, as we have both noticed it..

If someone replied to my face with the comment " not your mother", "its up to you do check your emails" then Im pretty confident they wouldnt answer me like that again.

Its all very well good saying to people "you dont have to join in".. but as sky has said, and I do agree, if someone takes the time to reply to a post when someone is obviously in need of genuine help, then theres no need at all to be sarcastic..

I use BE as a tool to ask some direct quetions in times when I need a simple direct answer.... Dont waste anyones time by being patronising!!
Old Nov 11th 2011, 12:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I think the 'frostiness' sky is referring to christmasoompa is examples / replies like the one above.
Ah, I see. But if you look at PMM's posts, you'll see that he always replies like that - he is direct and to the point (as you said you appreciated?), but he is a professional that very kindly takes time out to help people on the forum and who knows immigration law inside out. Personally, I think he's a very valuable asset to the forum and is the most knowledgeable member we have, regardless of how succinct his answers are.

I realise that you use BE 'as a tool' when you want answers, but there are a huge amount of people on the forum who only give, and do not take. With respect, if you only want answers that are sugar coated, a public forum isn't the place to get them. I also think that the Canada forum is probably amongst the most gentle of forums on BE - just take a look at some of the responses in the US and/or Oz forums to see what I mean. Now *they* can be direct!
Old Nov 11th 2011, 1:08 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said - I am grateful for some of the information I have come across on here, and there are many genuine people with good responses, however not all information is accurate and this may have an impact on those who are using this information when sending off applications. Yes, information may be learned through reading posts, but unless you are an immigration officer or know the facts for sure, you can't provide someone info with accuracy. That is of course my opinion only and not meant to upset anyone or cause offence
I think you may be missing the point of this site. It's a discussion forum where members discuss and share their experiences. It's not, nor ever has been, a replacement for immigration sources such as CIC etc.

Britishexpats exists so people can connect with others who are going through the same thing as them, whether that be living abroad, or going through the process of moving abroad, it's always great to be able to chat with others who know what you are going through. So, just to reiterate, please don't mistake that for immigration advice.

Lots of people share their experiences here, some are blunt and to the point, some are more laid back, some are more prone to share every little detail of their migration journey, some stick to the main points. As in life we get people of varied character here, some happy, some sad, some like to share only the positives, some only share the negative, some share the good, the bad and the ugly ... but each one is here because they want to connect and share, and if they are taking the time to answer a member then we shouldn't shoot them down just because we don't like the way they've delivered their message. As long as no one is swearing or being abusive, or disrespectful to another members then the information someone shares is just as valid as the next persons. However I am mindful that we can't all get along, so may I suggest that if you find you don't like someone don't interact with them on the forum or better yet you can put them on an ignore list so you don't have to read their posts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.