Missing the call

Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

MJfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Missing the call

Hi all,

I want to ask if local CIC office calls the applicants by phone? What if I miss the call? Do they call the applicants' home phone or cell phone?
Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:57 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing the call

They will write in most cases. If they telephone it will be to whatever telephone number you gave. Do you have voice mail??
Old Mar 8th 2008, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Jim. My cell phone has voice mail services. Because last week my cell phone got two missed calls with unknown caller ID but no voice message left, I'm just afraid that the visa office called me. However, I checked the record of my home phone, there was no missed call last week.

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
They will write in most cases. If they telephone it will be to whatever telephone number you gave. Do you have voice mail??
Old Mar 8th 2008, 12:10 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I would have thought CIC would have left a message. Unknown numbers and no message is usually automated dialling from telemarketing companies.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
I would have thought CIC would have left a message. Unknown numbers and no message is usually automated dialling from telemarketing companies.
Thank you Ben. After waiting for a long time, I'm sometimes a bit worried over a little thing.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

soconnell74 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Yes they do, when they wanted to get in touch with me they called me on my cell phone and left a message asking me to call them back.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by soconnell74
Yes they do, when they wanted to get in touch with me they called me on my cell phone and left a message asking me to call them back.
Hi soconnell74, why would they choose to contact the applicants by phone? I mean usually they just send letters. In what occasion they call by phone directly? is it very urgent? or some special request?
Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

soconnell74 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MJfan
Hi soconnell74, why would they choose to contact the applicants by phone? I mean usually they just send letters. In what occasion they call by phone directly? is it very urgent? or some special request?
I can only speak to my experience, but they wanted to get hold of me in a rush. They had sent a PPR but then realized they needed a RCMP background check and wanted to stop me sending my passport as I wouldn't have got it back before Christmas.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:28 pm
Worth the wait...

wiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MJfan
To tell me that they would not bother with my TWP application as they were going to fast track my PR application instead, and to come by tomorrow (yes, tomorrow) with my passport and to return 4 hours later after they had put my nice shiy visa in it.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you soconnell74 & wiggs1034

I guess my missed calls were just something from telemarketing firm. I'm still in early stage. I've not yet received my medicals.