Wikiposts

Missing AOR???

Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:42 am
Just Joined

Summer1978 is a jewel in the roughSummer1978 is a jewel in the roughSummer1978 is a jewel in the roughSummer1978 is a jewel in the roughSummer1978 is a jewel in the rough
Default Missing AOR???

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are currently waiting on a decision to emigrate to Canada. I am Canadian, he is British. We sent our documents off to Mississauga on 19 March 2008, and received sponsorship approval on 23 April 2008. The letter said that the PR portion of our application was now being forwarded to CHC in London for processing. And that is the last we have heard. I have been looking at Trackitt and there are some people who applied after we did and they have already received AOR. I'm just concerned that nothing has happened with our application. Is two months a normal amount of time to elapse without contact? Very confused. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Summer
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:54 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing AOR???

Hi

QUOTE=Summer1978;6483183]Hi everyone,

My husband and I are currently waiting on a decision to emigrate to Canada. I am Canadian, he is British. We sent our documents off to Mississauga on 19 March 2008, and received sponsorship approval on 23 April 2008. The letter said that the PR portion of our application was now being forwarded to CHC in London for processing. And that is the last we have heard. I have been looking at Trackitt and there are some people who applied after we did and they have already received AOR. I'm just concerned that nothing has happened with our application. Is two months a normal amount of time to elapse without contact? Very confused. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Summer[/QUOTE

If the application is complete and no questions need asking, it is quite possible that you won't receive an AOR, just a request for passport.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Javarne has a spectacular aura aboutJavarne has a spectacular aura aboutJavarne has a spectacular aura about

We didn't get an AOR from London. Just a 90 day update letter. That was the first we heard from them.

Apparently a lot of people never get an AOR and the update letter is the first corresponsdance they get from CIC London.

All the best
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:02 am
Just Joined

Summer1978 is a jewel in the roughSummer1978 is a jewel in the roughSummer1978 is a jewel in the roughSummer1978 is a jewel in the roughSummer1978 is a jewel in the rough

I was hoping that was the case! Thanks for your responses. I will just continue to wait I guess. Not a very patient person so I am climbing the walls.