Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

missed a landing date: questions about reapplying

missed a landing date: questions about reapplying

Old Dec 2nd 2001, 10:18 am
Anton Chuppin

Hello,

I got my landing papers and missed the landing date (not entered Canada). Now I will
have to reapply as an Independent Applicant again. I have several questions and would
appreciate if somebody could give me some information on them:

1. As far as I know it's up to the immigration officer to decide whether to use my
old documents or make me resubmit everything all over again. How likely is it that
I will have to resubmit everything (if it matters my landing date is a month ago)?
What are the documents that I will definitely have to resubmit? Does it make sense
to send the whole new package of documents or only the application with fees and
wait till the immigration officer asks me to send the rest?

2. I got married (after my landing papers expired) and I'm going to submit my wife's
and my step-daughter's applications as my dependents. The father of my
step-daughter has never been my wife's husband but the girl has his name and he's
stated as her father in her birth certificate. What kind of papers (if any) do we
need from him?

3. My step-daughter is under 18 but it looks like she'll need a separate passport. Is
it very important that we have her passport before we send the applications or it
only matters that we have it by the time of landing?

4. As far as it is possible to say, will my failure to enter Canada by the date of
landing negatively influence my application this time (the previous time I passed
without an interview)?

Thank you very much,

Anton

Old Dec 2nd 2001, 1:35 pm
Webimmigration.Com

Hi:

You will have to resubmit all of the necessary documents. As you are starting with a
fresh application. You will have to provide updated employment reference letters,
police clearance certificates and mediccals.

With respect to your step-daughter, you will have to provide a copy of her birth
certificate.

Your step-daugther should obtain her own passport. You can provide this information
once you obtain her new passport.

Your failure to land in Canada prior to the expiry of your immigrant visa should not
negatively effect your applicaition.

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 3rd 2001, 10:15 am
R. B. Global Immigra

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
Very unlikely, when you missed the landing date your application was finished and you
have to submit a new application and all the supporting documentation. If you want to
wait for the immigration officer to respond to you with a request for futher
information that is fine however given the present circumstances you will simply be
delaying your application even longer that the current very lenthy wait.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
You will have to provide an application for your wife and dtr. including the
processing fees and supporting documents like birth certificates and passport. You
might want to confirm if the biological father has any rights with respect to your
dtr. or may be paying support and if so you will require his consent to take the
child outside of the country.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
Not likely however you will have to meet the requirements that are in place when you
make the new application and you may be subject to the provisions of the new
Immigration Act.

Ron Beirnes
R.B. Global Immigration Consultants Ltd. 1540-1100 Melville Street Vancouver, B.C.
V6E 4A6 Phone (604) 688-3081 fax 688-3015 email [email protected] web page
http://www3.telus.net/rbglobal
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 3rd 2001, 10:15 am
R. B. Global Immigra

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
Very unlikely, when you missed the landing date your application was finished and you
have to submit a new application and all the supporting documentation. If you want to
wait for the immigration officer to respond to you with a request for futher
information that is fine however given the present circumstances you will simply be
delaying your application even longer that the current very lenthy wait.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
You will have to provide an application for your wife and dtr. including the
processing fees and supporting documents like birth certificates and passport. You
might want to confirm if the biological father has any rights with respect to your
dtr. or may be paying support and if so you will require his consent to take the
child outside of the country.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
Not likely however you will have to meet the requirements that are in place when you
make the new application and you may be subject to the provisions of the new
Immigration Act.

Ron Beirnes
R.B. Global Immigration Consultants Ltd. 1540-1100 Melville Street Vancouver, B.C.
V6E 4A6 Phone (604) 688-3081 fax 688-3015 email [email protected] web page
http://www3.telus.net/rbglobal
    >
    >
    >
    >