mispelt name on work permit

Old Mar 29th 2011, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

kimmiebow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mispelt name on work permit

hey,
i got my work permit on saturday,
first of all when i got my LOI with the IEC scheme they spelt my name incorrect.
they spelt it kimberly when its spelt kimberley.

then they sent me a new LOI with the correct spelling.

when i went threw the boarder the immagration guy gave me a work permit that said kimberly again.
i questioned him and he said it will be fine.

but now my SIN number and i got BCID all have the incorrect spelling that dont match up to my passport name nor my driving liecence.

has anyone got any advice pleaseee

luckyly enough the people im working know me. and know i am who i say i am.
i just think it might cause some hassle at some point
Old Mar 29th 2011, 8:42 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mispelt name on work permit

In the short term, as long as you can prove you are that person, which you clearly can, you will not have any trouble. After all there is more than just one letter of your surname that points towards the documents applying to your status, such as date of birth, Christian names, passport and all other supporting (application) paperwork, plus, as you mention, driving licence.

However, now you are in Canada and settled, I would work towards having the errors corrected in country before you leave next.