Minimum income for CEC

Old Jan 16th 2014, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice
Default Minimum income for CEC

Hi there,

I'm in the process of starting to apply for PR via the CEC route. I've worked part time hours as a movie theatre supervisor for almost two years now. The thing is...the pay isn't great. Is there a minimum amount of money I need to make in order to apply? I've tried looking online to see if that's a requirement of the CEC PR route but I can't find any solid information. It's just me applying for PR, I have no spouse or dependants and I've worked the required amount of hours.

The NOC is 6316.

Many thanks for any info!
Old Jan 16th 2014, 3:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Minimum income for CEC

Originally Posted by Third6 View Post
Hi there,

I'm in the process of starting to apply for PR via the CEC route. I've worked part time hours as a movie theatre supervisor for almost two years now. The thing is...the pay isn't great. Is there a minimum amount of money I need to make in order to apply? I've tried looking online to see if that's a requirement of the CEC PR route but I can't find any solid information. It's just me applying for PR, I have no spouse or dependants and I've worked the required amount of hours.

The NOC is 6316.

Many thanks for any info!
There isn't a minimum amount of money, but how many hours a week do you work? Do you definitely have enough hours?
Old Jan 16th 2014, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

I have worked roughly 30 hours per week for 23 months. I have a meeting on Saturday with my manager to gather all the solid information but at this point it's a guesstimation that I have enough hours.

Also, thank you!
Old Jan 16th 2014, 3:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I have worked roughly 30 hours per week for 23 months. I have a meeting on Saturday with my manager to gather all the solid information but at this point it's a guesstimation that I have enough hours.

Also, thank you!
That's pretty much full-time in CIC's eyes then, so that should be fine.

Good luck.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks!

I'm nervous as hell and I will 100% have to go home whilst the app is processing but I'm gonna give it a go anyway. I've been here long enough to know that I want to stay if I can.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 3:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks!

I'm nervous as hell and I will 100% have to go home whilst the app is processing but I'm gonna give it a go anyway. I've been here long enough to know that I want to stay if I can.
No need to be nervous if you meet the requirements. You definitely can't stay? What's your current visa status and when does it expire?
Old Jan 24th 2014, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm on a visitor visa right now which expires on April 29th. I can't afford to stay any longer as a visitor, sadly. I was on an IEC visa for 2 years before that.

I have one other question you might be able to help me with. I'm a bit of an idiot and have misplaced my 2012 T4 and Notice of Assessment. Both which are needed for the application. I netfiled my taxes last year so I have an online account, do you think a print out from the CRA website would be adequate? Or will I have to ring CRA and have them send me a paper copy and harass my employer for a T4 replacement?
Old Jan 24th 2014, 7:23 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on a visitor visa right now which expires on April 29th. I can't afford to stay any longer as a visitor, sadly. I was on an IEC visa for 2 years before that.

I have one other question you might be able to help me with. I'm a bit of an idiot and have misplaced my 2012 T4 and Notice of Assessment. Both which are needed for the application. I netfiled my taxes last year so I have an online account, do you think a print out from the CRA website would be adequate? Or will I have to ring CRA and have them send me a paper copy and harass my employer for a T4 replacement?
You can obtain a copy online for previous years or through your employer for the current one.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce....html#mao.a1-1

Old Jan 24th 2014, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Never mind, I just rang CRA and they're sending me a copy of both.

Last edited by Third6; Jan 24th 2014 at 2:38 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

I have one more annoying question before you all hate me. My boss is about to have his first child in a few weeks so will be taking parental leave...what are the chances CIC would want to talk to him regarding my application? Just so I can give him a heads up they might want to contact him.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi there,

Sorry I didn't want to make yet ANOTHER topic for one silly question.

So I sent my app in last month and received my AOR April 17th. I logged into ECAS yesterday and noticed they have my mailing address as here in Canada when I actually wrote my mailing address as the UK because I will be going back there next week whilst my app is in process. Will this be a big deal? My roommate here said she will forward any mail that arrives for me in Toronto but will it cause any confusion with CIC?
Old Apr 25th 2014, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Sorry I didn't want to make yet ANOTHER topic for one silly question.

So I sent my app in last month and received my AOR April 17th. I logged into ECAS yesterday and noticed they have my mailing address as here in Canada when I actually wrote my mailing address as the UK because I will be going back there next week whilst my app is in process. Will this be a big deal? My roommate here said she will forward any mail that arrives for me in Toronto but will it cause any confusion with CIC?
Mmmm so how did CIC get a Canadian mailing address if you never sent them one?
Old Apr 25th 2014, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

I put my residential address as my Canadian one because my thinking was "oh, I'm still in Canada right now" and mailing as UK. Did I dun goof?
Old Apr 26th 2014, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

TheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond repute

You can change your mailing address within ECAS so it shouldn't be a problem. You could also send CIC a quick email, if you want to.