Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Miller One doubt regarding immigration

Wikiposts

Miller One doubt regarding immigration

Old Jun 17th 2002, 5:20 am
Banumathi Srini

Default Miller One doubt regarding immigration

sir

As of now i am getting only 13 years of education which includes my 3 year college
course after 10th grade.But i have also done 2 post graduate Diploma courses in
Computers and business administration while i am working.The post Graduate computer
course which i did for 8 months from Jan to Aug 31st 1999 has 18 hours classes from
Monday to Saturday and my other post gradeuate diploma course in Management which i
did for 1 year i.e from Nov 1999-july 31st 2000 which also has 3 hours class per day
and total of 15 hours a week.

I came to know that under new regulations Recommendation 9

"Full-time" in relation to studies or training should be defined as at least 12 hours
of instruction per week, and should include co-op programs.

Response: The Government agrees that co-op programs should be counted as full-time
studies and this change will be reflected in the new regulations. Full-time studies
or training will continue to be defined as 15 hours, during the academic year. In the
Government's opinion, the Committee's recommendation of 12 hours would be considered
part-time.

Can you please tell me will my 2 post Graduate diplomas which i earned as mentioned
above will be accepted as 1 year full time or 2 year full time education by the visa
officer if i apply under new rules?

Please tell me How can i prove that i did academic year course for 15 hours per
week/Can i get the letter from the college or by which means?

Please solve my doubt

BanumathiSrinivasan

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG