Wikiposts

Miller Need Help

Old Jan 23rd 2002, 5:38 am
Venkata Prasad Srini

Hi

I applied on Immigartion to Canada on Feb 2000 and Received AOR on March 13th 2000.In
the letter it is stAted that processing time is 24 months.But until now i didn't get
any reply ..But i came to know that CHC is processing the cases applied between Jan
2000 to June 2000.i AM WORRIED

Can you please tell me whether the CHC Started procesing the applications filed
between Jan 2000-March 2000.

Prasad

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old Jan 23rd 2002, 7:05 am
Andrew Miller

First of all you didn't indicate which visa post you submitted your application to.
Second, each case is unique and you can't assume that your application will be
processed with the same speed as others submitted at the same time, it just doesn't
happen that way. If AOR letter stated that the anticipated processing time is 24
months then just bear in mind that since you received it processing times have
increased in most visa posts.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 23rd 2002, 7:41 am
Venkata Prasad Srini

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hi

I applied in CHC NewDelhi India and please tell me did they stated procesing Jan
2000-April 2000 Applications

Prasad
    >
    >
    >
    >

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old Jan 23rd 2002, 8:05 am
Andrew Miller

I don't know where did you get your "Jan 2000 - April 2000" info from. I only can
tell you about our experience with our clients in New Delhi - those who's
applications were submitted at the beginning of 2000 and who were granted interview
waiver have already received their visas. Among those who didn't get interview waiver
some already passed the interview, some just received the interview date and few are
still waiting like yourself.

But it wouldn't hurt faxing a status request to New Delhi as soon as 24 months
indicated in AOR letter pass.

--

../..

[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
[usenetquote2]> > First of all you didn't indicate which visa post you submitted your[/usenetquote2]
application
[usenetquote2]> > to. Second, each case is unique and you can't assume that your application[/usenetquote2]
will
[usenetquote2]> > be processed with the same speed as others submitted at the same time, it[/usenetquote2]
just
[usenetquote2]> > doesn't happen that way. If AOR letter stated that the anticipated[/usenetquote2]
processing
[usenetquote2]> > time is 24 months then just bear in mind that since you received it[/usenetquote2]
processing
[usenetquote2]> > times have increased in most visa posts.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 12th 2002, 8:21 am
Dfdf

Default Re: Miller Need Help

>ii) It is not the evaluation what is needed - number of education years is being
    > calculated based on completed programs and the number of years needed
to
    >complete such if studying full time under standards in your country

The standard Bachelor in UK is same as in Canada: 3-year full time after 12-year
school, does your state mean a person who obtained her/his Bachelor from UK
University through credit accrelation from additional study on top of the
undergradute diploma during employment, might be shorter or longer than 3-year full
time will be considered as 3-year anyway?

Old Jun 12th 2002, 9:21 am
Andrew Miller

It doesn't really matter how long it took you to obtain a degree - it could be under
the accelerated program or delayed one. What counts is the standard length of the
program if studied full time in standard time for such.

--

../..

millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"dfdf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > >ii) It is not the evaluation what is needed - number of education years is being
    > > calculated based on completed programs and the number of years needed
    > to
    > >complete such if studying full time under standards in your country
    >
    > The standard Bachelor in UK is same as in Canada: 3-year full time after 12-year
    > school, does your state mean a person who obtained her/his Bachelor from UK
    > University through credit accrelation from additional study on top of the
    > undergradute diploma during employment, might be shorter or longer than 3-year full
    > time will be considered as 3-year anyway?
    >

Old Jun 12th 2002, 4:20 pm
Er

"Andrew Miller" <millercitelus.net> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] >...
    > It doesn't really matter how long it took you to obtain a degree - it could be
    > under the accelerated program or delayed one. What counts is the standard length of
    > the program if studied full time in standard time for such.

Just to confirm, Does this mean a Bachelor from UK (number-10 recognised, of course)
(where the standard is 3-year after 12 year), no matter what particular case it is
(duration and by what route (part-time or full-time), will be considered as a
Bachelor to which 20 points will be awarded? I ask this because I have a friend who
has a BA from UK, but was obtained through a series study acceleration at 3 different
post-secondary institutions (part-time and full time, 2 diplomas were earned and
finally a BA), he went to work after his secondary school.

Old Jun 12th 2002, 4:20 pm
Andrew Miller

This is how new rules define "full time equivalent" -

"full-time equivalent" means, in respect of part-time or accelerated studies, the
period that would have been required to complete those studies on a full-time basis.

../..

sending email)

"er" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > "Andrew Miller" <millercitelus.net> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] >...
    > > It doesn't really matter how long it took you to obtain a degree - it could
be
    > > under the accelerated program or delayed one. What counts is the standard length
    > > of the program if studied full time in standard time for such.
    >
    > Just to confirm, Does this mean a Bachelor from UK (number-10 recognised, of
    > course) (where the standard is 3-year after 12 year), no matter what particular
    > case it is (duration and by what route (part-time or full-time), will be considered
    > as a Bachelor to which 20 points will be awarded? I ask this because I have a
    > friend who has a BA from UK, but was obtained through a series study acceleration
    > at 3 different post-secondary institutions (part-time and full time, 2 diplomas
    > were earned and finally a BA), he went to work after his secondary school.

Old Jun 13th 2002, 7:23 am
Dfdf

>Each level (program) of education counts on it's own. So, if poster
finished
    >secondary education on the 10th grade in the country where it is a standard
for
    >such (regardless how many years it took him to pass through 10 grades) then
    >s/he can only count 10 years for that. It is irrelevant that next level of education
    > was obtained in the country where secondary education ends after
12th
    >grade. S/he still has only 13 years of education, period. No "funny" math
will
    >change it...

Miller, Are you sure about this? this means that

years of secondary education is country-dependent, is there any country where
secondary education is 10-years? what about country like China, it had 10-year
secondary education before, now 12-year is the standard everywhere? if there are
countries with 10-year secondary education, so their degree obtained from even
USA/UK/Canada does not count as what should be?

BTW, Does it also mean CIC will have a manual of the standard of education in all
countries in the world, and count every applicant education year accordingly and
without acounting that particular education duration appeared in application form? Am
I right? What if there are countries where education year is different?

Andrew Miller

It is not only what you write in the application form - it is what you can document.
And it is not "country dependent" - it is actual and documented facts dependent. And
if your secondary education documents say 10 grades then this is what counts. There
are many other countries where secondary education ended or is still ending at 10th
grade (India, former Soviet Union, etc.). If you finished secondary education at 10th
grade then this is all what will be counted, regardless that later in your country
standards were changed and now secondary education requires 12 grades - you ended at
10th grade, period.

--

../..

sending email)

"dfdf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >Each level (program) of education counts on it's own. So, if poster
    > finished
    > >secondary education on the 10th grade in the country where it is a standard
    > for
    > >such (regardless how many years it took him to pass through 10 grades) then
    > >s/he can only count 10 years for that. It is irrelevant that next level of
    > > education was obtained in the country where secondary education ends after
    > 12th
    > >grade. S/he still has only 13 years of education, period. No "funny" math
    > will
    > >change it...
    >
    > Miller, Are you sure about this? this means that
    >
    > years of secondary education is country-dependent, is there any country where
    > secondary education is 10-years? what about country like China, it had 10-year
    > secondary education before, now 12-year is the standard everywhere? if there are
    > countries with 10-year secondary education, so their degree obtained from even
    > USA/UK/Canada does not count as what should be?
    >
    > BTW, Does it also mean CIC will have a manual of the standard of education in all
    > countries in the world, and count every applicant education year accordingly and
    > without acounting that particular education duration appeared in application form?
    > Am I right? What if there are countries where education year is different?
    >
    >

Andrew Miller

P.S.

One more thing here just to preempt another confusion. If your secondary education
ended at 10th grade and it was the standard length of such education at that time and
in your country then regardless how long it took you to obtain it (less then 10 years
if you were genius or in accelerated program, or more than 10 years because you were
lazy and had to repeat few classes) it will still be counted as 10 years.

And again - post secondary education (or degree) obtained later in another country
where secondary education is 12 grades (or even in the same country after they
changed their secondary education standards to 12 years) will not change the fact
that your secondary education ended on 10th grade, period.

I can't believe we are wasting so much time on such simple issue...

--

../..

sending email)

"Andrew Miller" <millercitelus.net> wrote in message
    > It is not only what you write in the application form - it is what you can
    > document. And it is not "country dependent" - it is actual and documented
facts
    > dependent. And if your secondary education documents say 10 grades then this
is
    > what counts. There are many other countries where secondary education ended
or
    > is still ending at 10th grade (India, former Soviet Union, etc.). If you finished
    > secondary education at 10th grade then this is all what will be counted, regardless
    > that later in your country standards were changed and now secondary education
    > requires 12 grades - you ended at 10th grade, period.
    >
    > --
    >
    > ../..
    >
    > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
    > millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
    > sending email)
    > ________________________________
    >
    >
    >
    > "dfdf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > >Each level (program) of education counts on it's own. So, if poster
    > > finished
    > > >secondary education on the 10th grade in the country where it is a
standard
    > > for
    > > >such (regardless how many years it took him to pass through 10 grades)
then
    > > >s/he can only count 10 years for that. It is irrelevant that next level of
    > > > education was obtained in the country where secondary education ends after
    > > 12th
    > > >grade. S/he still has only 13 years of education, period. No "funny" math
    > > will
    > > >change it...
    > >
    > > Miller, Are you sure about this? this means that
    > >
    > > years of secondary education is country-dependent, is there any country where
    > > secondary education is 10-years? what about country like China, it
had
    > > 10-year secondary education before, now 12-year is the standard everywhere? if
    > > there are countries with 10-year secondary education, so their degree obtained
    > > from even USA/UK/Canada does not count as what should be?
    > >
    > > BTW, Does it also mean CIC will have a manual of the standard of education in all
    > > countries in the world, and count every applicant education year accordingly and
    > > without acounting that particular education duration appeared in application
    > > form? Am I right? What if there are countries where education year is different?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >

Old Jun 13th 2002, 8:25 am
Dfdf

>And again - post secondary education (or degree) obtained later in another country
    >where secondary education is 12 grades (or even in the same country after they
    >changed their secondary education standards to 12 years) will
not
    >change the fact that your secondary education ended on 10th grade, period.

>I can't believe we are wasting so much time on such simple issue...

I do not think it is as simple as you think, duration of a person education is far
more complex, how do you know a person education of 10 years is because he is clever
(finished a 12-year required education) or it is because of the requirement of time
at that particular school? I can tell you that, years ago in China, duration of
secondary education is very different from city to city, province to province, and
some guys went to University with 9/10 year secondary education either because their
school time is 9/10 or he is clever guy from a 12 year secondary school, as long as
they pass the entrance examination, and on the other hand, some guys went to
universities after 12-years but at a school where 9 or 10 years is required (not as
good as those 9/10 year guy, do they?)

How do you distinguish those persons education years? Miller?

Dfdf

One more thing, I know some certificates never mention the study time, or required
time of study, but just state when you completed. Any one from europe can confirm?

Dfdf

BTW, I know there are people never went secondary school but get into university as
they passed the entrance examination (I trust they are really clever), and there are
also people obtained their Masters from recognized university without 4-year
Bachelor. so what is their school year? they can not even document their secondary or
university education, and the standard of education is not clear.

Old Jun 13th 2002, 11:20 am
Heather

dfdf just be concerned and truthful about your own situation and let others take care
of theirs. If someone else wants to know, Mr. Miller or others can assist them at
that time.
--
Heather "dfdf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > BTW, I know there are people never went secondary school but get into university as
    > they passed the entrance examination (I trust they are
really
    > clever), and there are also people obtained their Masters from recognized
    > university without 4-year Bachelor. so what is their school year? they
can
    > not even document their secondary or university education, and the
standard
    > of education is not clear.