Wikiposts

Miller: Decline my PR

Old Jul 26th 2007, 5:26 am
Just Joined

silentnoise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Miller: Decline my PR

I got my PR and it expires in 03/2008 (2 years out of 5). However, the card expires in 2011 I think. I won't be able to move to canada (marriage & work)

Would I be able to enter canada in the futere without a visitor visa?

Do I need to return the card in immigration?

Do I need to write a letter /fax to Buffalo to let them know?

What's the procedure to follow?
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:40 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Miller: Decline my PR

There is no procedure to follow, at least not yet.

When coming to Canada with your valid PR Card you are always asked how long you were absent and once (based on your answer) officer determines that you no longer are meeting residency obligations s/he will write a report and initiate Loss of Status process. You will likely be admitted as visitor at this time, just to attend Loss of Status hearing. Of course once your status is declared lost you will need visa to come to Canada if you are not an American or national of visa waiver country.

Trying to lie about your absences will bring you even more problems, including inadmissibility to Canada.

On another topic - you are just another example proving that CIC is wrong in their naive policy assuming that those foreigners in US who apply for Canadian PR solely as a sefety net (just in case their plans to remain in US won't work) will sooner or later move to Canada. Based on my experience with my own clients and thousands of emails received on the topic in past decade it is not the case - they will never move to Canada permanently.

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Jul 26th 2007 at 11:47 am.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

silentnoise is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info,

By the way, I don't know why the f... you get mad about it. At least I paid for the process and that's a free money getting into canada. It seems like your life is simple, boring and predictable. However, mine got totally changed when I met my fiance, she has a good job over here and I can't asker to move to a country where both won't have any job. Would you rather be alone in canada without a job or with a great wife and a great job?
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silentnoise
Thanks for the info,

By the way, I don't know why the f... you get mad about it. At least I paid for the process and that's a free money getting into canada. It seems like your life is simple, boring and predictable. However, mine got totally changed when I met my fiance, she has a good job over here and I can't asker to move to a country where both won't have any job. Would you rather be alone in canada without a job or with a great wife and a great job?
Calm!

I did not detect ANY rudeness in Mr Miller's response. Emails/posts can be easily misinterpreted.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:29 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

My last comment wasn't dirrected at you - it was pointed out at CIC. I have already stated many times here that as long as system allows for abuse it will be abused and it is the system's fault, not abusers.

On the other hand - if you think that processing and landing fees cover the total cost of processing your application and giving you PR status then you are badly mistaken. We, taxpayers, paid a lot more for your PR status, assuming that you will live here and contribute to Canada's economy. So, chill out please...

Originally Posted by silentnoise
Thanks for the info,

Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:43 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
My last comment wasn't dirrected at you - it was pointed out at CIC. I have already stated many times here that as long as system allows for abuse it will be abused and it is the system's fault, not abusers.

On the other hand - if you think that processing and landing fees cover the total cost of processing your application and giving you PR status then you are badly mistaken. We, taxpayers, paid a lot more for your PR status, assuming that you will live here and contribute to Canada's economy. So, chill out please...
Well said Andrew