Methods of contact?

Old May 26th 2022, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

Drunkarchaeologist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Methods of contact?

Hi all, we submitted our PR Visa documents at the start of April, and they recieved them around the 5th of April. So hoping if all is good we'll hear back the beginning of June or end of June at the very latest if there's backlogs. I'm just wondering how they would contact us? Will it be via email? As I know it's silly and too early, but I have been checking it every day, including in the spam folder etc.

Thanks
DrunkArchaeologist
Old May 26th 2022, 5:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Methods of contact?

Dépends on the visa route, but usually email.

But if you only applied in April, I wouldn’t get your hopes up about hearing anything in June! Too early IMO. Every visa route has huge backlogs at the mo.
Old May 26th 2022, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Dépends on the visa route, but usually email.

But if you only applied in April, I wouldn’t get your hopes up about hearing anything in June! Too early IMO. Every visa route has huge backlogs at the mo.
Was the Common Law route, yeah I thought there might be huge backlogs, we'll just see when they get back to me
Old May 26th 2022, 6:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Drunkarchaeologist
Was the Common Law route, yeah I thought there might be huge backlogs, we'll just see when they get back to me
Do you mean spousal sponsorship? If so, could be quite a while longer, IIRC the last time I checked processing times it had jumped to nearly 2 years.
Old May 26th 2022, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Do you mean spousal sponsorship? If so, could be quite a while longer, IIRC the last time I checked processing times it had jumped to nearly 2 years.
Think so, went the common law route with my Canadian fiancee. Oh man 2 years better not tell my other half that, she'll be devastated as she really misses home and was hoping we'd be back there early next year
Old May 26th 2022, 9:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Think so, went the common law route with my Canadian fiancee. Oh man 2 years better not tell my other half that, she'll be devastated as she really misses home and was hoping we'd be back there early next year
Yep, spousal sponsorship then. Currently 22 months (I've just checked the processing time tool on the website), but unfortunately that may keep creeping upwards with Ukraine and the Covid backlog. She can of course visit in the meantime, and if there's any way you can manage financially without working, you could move earlier whilst you wait for PR (you just can't work until you get it, unless you get some other kind of work authorisation).
Old May 26th 2022, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Yep, spousal sponsorship then. Currently 22 months (I've just checked the processing time tool on the website), but unfortunately that may keep creeping upwards with Ukraine and the Covid backlog. She can of course visit in the meantime, and if there's any way you can manage financially without working, you could move earlier whilst you wait for PR (you just can't work until you get it, unless you get some other kind of work authorisation).
Oh damn thought that might be the case is the 22 months definite or is that like "up to 22 months"? So I can stay in Canada if I didn't work? Could I like get remote work in the UK but do it from Canada? As that's what my friend did when she immigrated to Italy.

Cheers
DrunkArchaeologist
Old May 26th 2022, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you can remotely work in Canada providing you have no clients living in Canada. As for how long you get to stay in Canada that will be up to the examining officer and what evidence you present needed for the length of stay, that you would be returning to the UK. Check the Wiki about Dual Intent.
Old May 26th 2022, 10:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Oh damn thought that might be the case is the 22 months definite or is that like "up to 22 months"? So I can stay in Canada if I didn't work? Could I like get remote work in the UK but do it from Canada? As that's what my friend did when she immigrated to Italy.

Cheers
DrunkArchaeologist
22 months is the average time it took to process 80% of applications. You can keep an eye on it yourself here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ing-times.html

As FL has said, you can work in Canada as long you're not taking a job away from a Canadian.