Meds in Horsham

Old Jan 16th 2010, 10:54 am
bjg
Forum Regular

bjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant future
Default Meds in Horsham

Hi all,
Has anyone had their meds done at the designated practice in Horsham (Holbrook Surgery)?
If so anything to look out for/what to expect?
The first thing I noticed is that they want paying in cash!! That's over £600 for the four of us!!(Not including the extra £58 each for the x-rays!)
I'll feel like Del Boy, turning up with a big roll of wonga!!
How far a walk is it to the Hospital for the x-rays?
If anyone has any feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Now I'm off to have a cup of green tea and a Beatroot salad for lunch!! (Is it too late to detox!!!!)
Old Jan 16th 2010, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meds in Horsham

Originally Posted by bjg
Hi all,
Has anyone had their meds done at the designated practice in Horsham (Holbrook Surgery)?
The first thing I noticed is that they want paying in cash!! That's over £600 for the four of us!!(Not including the extra £58 each for the x-rays!)

Cheers.
Now I'm off to have a cup of green tea and a Beatroot salad for lunch!! (Is it too late to detox!!!!)
Hi

We'll be using the Horsham doctors. I didn't get the impression you had to pay cash but maybe we didn't look properly.
Sorry I can't give you any feedback as we are still a long way from the meds
Old Jan 16th 2010, 2:49 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bjg
Hi all,

Cheers.
Howdy. I used to live in Horsham. The Holbrook Surgery would be about a 30 min walk to the hospital in Horsham - but a 5/10 min car drive.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 5:29 pm
bjg
Forum Regular

bjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant future

Thanks guys.

Yes,cash! I phoned on Wed to make appointments and they said they'll have to send some notes etc to me before I could book. A bit odd but hey, I've waited this long (21/2 years!) so whats a few more days?
The envelope arrived this morning with some notes about what to bring and what to expect etc.
And also the note about payment being made in cash!

I'm sure we can manage a 30min walk (unless it's snowing or more likely, raining!) Or maybe we'll just get in the car......
I'll be booking the meds on Monday as there was no one at the surgery this morning.
Nearly there. ......I can almost taste Canada...........!

Cheers.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 2:53 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

My son has had 2 medicals at the Horsham DMP - they do insist on cash. As they explained it to my son "people used to pay by cheque then before we had time to cash it they would have received their PR and cancelled their bank accounts!" Don't forget you also have to pay for the blood tests and xrays by cash.

My son took a taxi to get the other parts done, and then a taxi back to the surgery to give them the documents back.

The staff are very friendly and the DMP was fair and explained everything in detail - even giving advice on his answer to a couple of questions!

Old Jan 17th 2010, 3:11 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bjg
Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Howdy. I used to live in Horsham. The Holbrook Surgery would be about a 30 min walk to the hospital in Horsham - but a 5/10 min car drive.
Google is your friend! http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.038409&z=15

There's really no point in "walking" to the hospital. It's not like you have to pop out for the Xrays and pop back to the doctors office ....
Old Jan 17th 2010, 12:42 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

You would think that they would let you pay on your credit card though dont you? I mean thats fairly instant from their point of view and it means that you dont have the risk of carrying the cash.

sounds crazy to me
Old Jan 17th 2010, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Howefamily
You would think that they would let you pay on your credit card though dont you? I mean thats fairly instant from their point of view and it means that you dont have the risk of carrying the cash.

sounds crazy to me
We went to Horsham for our Med's (it was over 3 years a go) The process was straight forward and all 4 of us were in and out quite quickly. If you are driving to the Doctors I would suggest you then drive to the Hospital for the X-rays. From memory it would be quite a walk. Once we had the X-rays done we were free to go and did not have to go back to the Doctor surgery. The Doctor was really nice and said that if the blood and x-ray's were fine we would have no problems. The Doctor sent off the med's via courier and the only downside to the whole process was the cost.
Hope this helps
Sam
Old Jan 17th 2010, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

Veelb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I had mine done there in December. Very straight forward. Questions about your medical history, urine test, blood pressure, reflexes, palpation of abdomen and glands, looked in my mouth, weight and height. I stopped drinking alcohol 3 weeks before only to find out they don't test for liver and kidney functions! The only blood tests they do is for syphilis and HIV. It all took less than 15mins, I nice little money earner for them.

I went by train and got off at Littlehaven which was about a 10 min walk. I then walked to the hospital, about 30mins, and then caught the train back from Horsham.

Good luck with yours.