Meds, high blood pressure

Old Feb 11th 2012, 4:02 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meds, high blood pressure

Originally Posted by spaceace
well after a couple of weeks on a vegan diet, no pop or caffine, a trip to the docs showed up initial super high BP, then after 10 minutes on continuous monitoring, the BP became normal.

So we trotted off to our medicals today and BP was slightly on the high side and took the Dr. a good 10 attempts to get an acceptable reading.

Conclusion; white coat syndrome!
I would conclude that you are a marginal high blood pressure person who should keep close watch on that very thing.
1. after a couple of weeks on a vegan diet, no pop or caffeine
2. initial super high BP
2. after 10 minutes on continuous monitoring, the BP became normal.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Jim, we will...I think a couple of years of Canadian diet has taken it's toll.....healthy(er) eating for now on in :-)
Old Feb 12th 2012, 12:14 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jim, we will...I think a couple of years of Canadian diet has taken it's toll.....healthy(er) eating for now on in :-)
But not vegan - what on earth would you eat in Canada if you had to avoid meat and cheese?
Old Feb 12th 2012, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

it's not a difficult as you might think.....however, eating out is a whole different challenge :-)
Old Feb 12th 2012, 12:21 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

it's not a difficult as you might think.....however, eating out is a whole different challenge :-)
Yep, their definition of a salad is not what I am used to.
I have never seen a salad before where the quantity of cheese seriously rivals the amount of green stuff.

Give us your favourite vegan recipe, then for when the rest of us need b.p. lowering strategies.
One vegan meal a week wouldn't hurt us!
Old Feb 12th 2012, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

my fav was a spicy veggie stirfry with rice noodles
Old Feb 12th 2012, 12:30 am
Island life at last

my fav was a spicy veggie stirfry with rice noodles
I am not a big fan of noodles. I suppose you could sub rice for those.

Someone posted a nice recipe for pumpkin gnocchi with sage butter on here which could be vegan if you used olive oil instead of butter.

Gary Rhodes has a good recipe for spinach dumplings with a vegetable ragu which would also fit the bill.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

sounds good tbh I actually prefer the vegan food, but it's so much easier and cheeper to eat the crap
Old Feb 12th 2012, 3:42 am
Island life at last

sounds good tbh I actually prefer the vegan food, but it's so much easier and cheeper to eat the crap
I have been veggie and have never been very fond of meat (especially red meat), but I couldn't live without cheese permanently so vegan would be out for me!

I always remember a friend of mine at Uni who was a fanatical vegan - she freaked when I told her that Worcestershire sauce was not veggie, let alone vegan.
That had been the seasoning of choice for almost her every meal for years!