Meds, high blood pressure

Old Jan 23rd 2012, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Meds, high blood pressure

ok, one of us had high blood pressure according to Lawtons BP analyser thingy.

I don't rembmeber what the numbers were, but it was in the high region on the machines chart.

is i best to see a doc to get medication then take the test, or just go ahead and take the test and fail it?

TIA, SA :-)
Old Jan 24th 2012, 1:16 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meds, high blood pressure

This is a serious matter that should be handled by your doctor. See the doctor for the benefit to your health. If a simple drug regimen solves the problem that would be perfectly acceptable for the immigration medical.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, that's our plan, I just wanted to get others views to make sure we're doing the right thing....we've come this far......

Cheers
SA
Old Jan 24th 2012, 2:37 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceace
Thanks, that's our plan, I just wanted to get others views to make sure we're doing the right thing....we've come this far......

Cheers
SA
Good Luck, spaceace.

My b.p. was high in the UK for a while but no medication ever required and I had my immigration medical on 30th November and no problem with the DMP on the b.p. at all.

The doctors' equipment and technique is the professional stuff and also they will take into account your age etc so maybe you will be fine in their eyes.

See your own doctor to put your mind at rest, though.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

we will do, thanks
Old Jan 24th 2012, 1:28 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Best of luck!
Old Jan 24th 2012, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

You should go to your GP and get it checked properly. If there is an issue your GP will monitor and potentially treat if needed. Blood pressure is a silent killer and needs to be addressed.

The Canadians have a strict guideline and if you are the wrong side of the line it will cause a problem for your medical.

For many year my blood pressure has been a bit fluctuant. GP had monitored but had never treated. When I went for my medical I was over the line (not by very much) the doc gave me a note to which my GP had to respond before I could be passed. Essentially this was for the GP to say he had reviewed me and started meds
Old Jan 24th 2012, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

The doctor at my medical told me my BP was in the high range ,strange i said as i had it taken by my own doctor a week or so earlier.
So he asked a few qs where had i traveled from ..told him about an hour &a half in a snowstorm in the dark (was first appointment in morning 8oclock.)
then i told him i had drunk around 3/4 cups o coffee in the canteen before coming in..
He just continued on wi medical ,did the rest o the families medical and called me back in to check BP again
was back in the normal range again..
was starting to worry

jimmy
Old Jan 24th 2012, 9:33 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

One BP measurement is not conclusive of course. But follow up is important to ensure it really was a one off. Coffee should not be on the menu before a medical.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 9:45 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
One BP measurement is not conclusive of course. But follow up is important to ensure it really was a one off. Coffee should not be on the menu before a medical.
But do have breakfast!

No breakfast (specifically fluids) can cause temporary dehydration and can result in protein in the urine.

This is also a potential early indicator symptom of kidney damage or malfunction, so you don't want to be giving a false positive on that one.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 7:54 pm
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jay, these machines in lawtons are a bit crapolla really. We often have people who take their own reading there, and come running to book in with us, only to find the readings are normal! If you want to, just pop in and see me at work, and I will check it for you! FB me for my shifts if you want to.....
Old Jan 25th 2012, 8:01 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

High blood pressure, Low blood pressure are dangerous situations waiting to happen. I 'suffer' low blood pressure which is far better from being in the high range, BUT my husband is in the high band, it's copablewith but we have to control his eating, his drinking, his weight and coffee intake - you have to sort it out, it isn't a number on a gauge, it's the future! Really, please make your doctor your friend.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

well after a couple of weeks on a vegan diet, no pop or caffine, a trip to the docs showed up initial super high BP, then after 10 minutes on continuous monitoring, the BP became normal.

So we trotted off to our medicals today and BP was slightly on the high side and took the Dr. a good 10 attempts to get an acceptable reading.

Conclusion; white coat syndrome!
Old Feb 10th 2012, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

I have normal blood pressure, but when I took my medical it was on the high side.

They said that this was normal and that I should relax and they took it again a few minutes later and it was fine.

My wife has high blood pressure which is controlled by medication. As part of the medical she had to do an extra test to check for kidney damage and also needed to get a letter from her doctor stating that it was being controlled by medication.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 3:33 am
Island life at last

Originally Posted by spaceace
well after a couple of weeks on a vegan diet, no pop or caffine, a trip to the docs showed up initial super high BP, then after 10 minutes on continuous monitoring, the BP became normal.

So we trotted off to our medicals today and BP was slightly on the high side and took the Dr. a good 10 attempts to get an acceptable reading.

Conclusion; white coat syndrome!
RESULT!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.