Wikiposts

Medicals: Your experience

Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Medicals: Your experience

Originally Posted by kwiksnipper
I really am not looking forward to this now, my mum said she had to have her boobs checked but my sis didnt. I am not sure about smear results either my mum was able to take hers along from our GP but I have never had one, so god knows what will happen

Hi all, and thank you for all the comments you posted. It has helped us a lot. we had our medicals today, in Victoria B.C., and all went well. My wife was also expecting to get a smear test and boobs checked but none of it happened. The doctor told her that they only did these tests on women of 35 and over. If you have a copy of your most recent smear test with you though, it is always worth bringing with you and they will include it to your file. All went fine and straightforward as many of you mentioned in your various responses. It took us 3 hours. First, paper checks, signatures and photos (non smiling - my wife had to jump down the road to redo hers), then a quick hearing and sight test + weight and height checks. The doctor then saw us. Blood pressure for both of us were quite high, due to nervousness, but they take that factor into account, so no worries. She did nothing on our 3-year-old son except from listening to his breathing and checking for his sight and hearing (with a wee bell, same as when he was born - easy stuff!).
Then we moved on to another room for urine and blood tests (again very straightforward). And finally we had to go to another building for X-ray. Again all this was only for us both, adults... our son was not tested at all.
We cannot say it was a fun experience, as it was quite draining and we were so stressed out, but eventually we need to admit that it was not as scary as we had imagined and much closer to all you have described. So cheers again, and good luck to all of you who are going to get through this in the future.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 11:26 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe I'm being impatient, but I had my meds done on the 25th July in Glasgow. For a temporary work permit, I still haven't heard back should I be worried???

Can I phone anyone, or should I contact someone about it?

Getting worried now..
Old Aug 13th 2008, 7:23 am
Just Joined

lulufille is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Could any one confirm the medical test is not needed, if we apply for a TWP for less than 6 months?

I have gone to toronto for work with a 6 months TWP and extended my TWP for another year with medicals done on feb 2008. I guess this medicals is valid for 12 months. i.e. till feb 2009.

So, if i apply for a 1 year TWP again for a different employer, i dont need to go for medicals, right?? This case is valid if i apply for PNP & later PR before feb 2009 right??

Could any one of you throw some light please?

Thanks,
Lulu
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:16 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Some professions need a medical even for TWP , jobs involving hospitals and children etc.

looking at your other post , you need to realise that the PR part of your PNP application will require you to have a medical. You may want to look at the wiki as you seem to be looking at PNP and PR as two seperate things.

PNP leads to PR , the two are linked.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Simon and Susanne will become famous soon enoughSimon and Susanne will become famous soon enough

Can anyone tell me what the GP's are like in Liverpool and Manchester I'm trying to decide which one to book with, trying not to cause to much hassle for the young ones and the good lady wife

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 14th 2008, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

sioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by or4ngecrush
Maybe I'm being impatient, but I had my meds done on the 25th July in Glasgow. For a temporary work permit, I still haven't heard back should I be worried???

Can I phone anyone, or should I contact someone about it?

Getting worried now..
hie, we had our medicals done on the 29th of July, so a few days after you. I am not expecting anything back before the last week of august. This is based on other peoples times scales of 1 month after medicals. I think the delay may have something to do with the summer holidays as I understand everything is slower then. Hope that helps.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 9:52 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sioux
hie, we had our medicals done on the 29th of July, so a few days after you. I am not expecting anything back before the last week of august. This is based on other peoples times scales of 1 month after medicals. I think the delay may have something to do with the summer holidays as I understand everything is slower then. Hope that helps.
Cheers for that, I will just try and be patient....lol

Old Aug 28th 2008, 10:40 am
Lets all go to Calgary

Kev and Katrina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all just jumping in on this thread.

Can anyone give me costs of medicals for adults and children are they the same or are kids cheaper?

Just trying to work out a rought budget for the two of us and four kids.

Cheers for any assistance Katrina.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

the_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kev and Katrina
Hi all just jumping in on this thread.

Can anyone give me costs of medicals for adults and children are they the same or are kids cheaper?

Just trying to work out a rought budget for the two of us and four kids.

Cheers for any assistance Katrina.
hey there,

Our meds cost £540 for 2 adults and a baby - we were charged £240 each and little one was £60 (but she didn't have to have chest x-ray or blood test) - Knightsbridge London clinic - they were very good.

Hope that helps a little.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

Lie most BE memebers I am also perhaps unduly worried about medicals
so wonder if anyone can assist please
what exactly is on the questionnaire re past history someone mentions questions on section B?
does anyone have a questionnaire? is there a link to a questionnaire that I can read anyhere please?
Just want to be fully prepared and to get any evidence togeher well in advance should it be necessary.

anyone know how they treat past episodes of stress and anxiety ? totally recovered now, no medication for over a year etc In fact it was the medication that made me ill once off it I recovered within 2 or 3 weeks
never been in hospital in my life, no other ailments of any sort ever etc
Old Aug 29th 2008, 1:32 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chumley
what exactly is on the questionnaire re past history someone mentions questions on section B?
does anyone have a questionnaire? is there a link to a questionnaire that I can read anyhere please?
Just want to be fully prepared and to get any evidence togeher well in advance should it be necessary.

anyone know how they treat past episodes of stress and anxiety ? totally recovered now, no medication for over a year etc In fact it was the medication that made me ill once off it I recovered within 2 or 3 weeks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/resourc...book/index.asp

appendix II
Old Aug 29th 2008, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

huge thanks zoe much appreciated

just wish the print was bigger as I cant read app11 and can only just make out the b form questionnaire!!
good luck all
Old Aug 29th 2008, 2:40 am
Professional Cat herder

import it into an image manipulation program and then enlarge it
Old Aug 29th 2008, 3:01 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Well. someone should remember to bring his eyeglasses to the medical anyway.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Medicals: Your experience

Originally Posted by chumley

From what you've said, I don't believe you'll have any problem at all. The main points of the medical is to see if, due to a medical condition, you'll either be a financial drain to the health services in Canada or pose a health risk to Canadians, and judging from what you said above, you are not in either case. As you'll see from this thread the worry is understandable, however, as most people have pointed out there's not too much to worry about. You'll be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.