Medicals: Your experience

Old Jul 30th 2008, 5:41 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals: Your experience

Originally Posted by Want2Move
I looked at your signature timeline and looks like you are headed to Canada on TWP (or you may be already there). It also mentions medical request date. If you are moving to Canada on TWP, do you have to go through the medical check? Is it similar to medical check for PR? Do they require medical check for student visa? Thanks for your time.
At the risk of answering a question on behalf of someone else for the second time tonight, I think sioux is a nurse. That's why she has to get a medical done (because she'll be working with vulnerable population groups). My understanding is that the medical exam is similar to the one that permanent residence visa applicants have to undergo. My interpretation of the timeline in her signature is that she has submitted her TWP application, CHC London has received her TWP application, and she's received a request to undergo a medical exam.
x
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

sioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant future

Thanks Judy, you are spot on.
I've just read my timeline and see where the confusion came from.
I am a nurse headed to Vancouver on a TWP, hopefully will get PR once there.
CHC received my TWP application on the 20th of June. As I am a nurse (so is OH), I needed a medical. We had these done on the 29th of July.
Not sure if its the same sort of medical for PR, but I suspect it is. I wonder whether we would have to have another medical for our PR application- which we hope to get started 3 months after I start work (3 months probation).
Old Jul 31st 2008, 4:14 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sioux
Thanks Judy, you are spot on.
I've just read my timeline and see where the confusion came from.
I am a nurse headed to Vancouver on a TWP, hopefully will get PR once there.
CHC received my TWP application on the 20th of June. As I am a nurse (so is OH), I needed a medical. We had these done on the 29th of July.
Not sure if its the same sort of medical for PR, but I suspect it is. I wonder whether we would have to have another medical for our PR application- which we hope to get started 3 months after I start work (3 months probation).
Hi Sioux

Im right behind ya!! lol sent our TWP app rec'd by CHC 2nd July - got med request on 29th and had medical today - im also a nurse heading to vancouver, but vancouver island not mainland.
I think medicals are needed for anyone working in health or with children even on TWP. The paperwork and medical is the same - my DMP told me, and Im sure that its valid for 12 months - so as long as your PNP PR application is within that time your SHOULD be ok - just the rest of the family will need theirs. However I have learned not to predict the CHC as they seem to change their mind and do things differently ALOT

Last edited by Tanah; Jul 31st 2008 at 4:18 am. Reason: duhhhhh typos
Old Jul 31st 2008, 4:28 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Had my medical today - went fine i think - I used Manchester Cheetham Hill ( collegiate medical centre) the Doc was lovely. Cost basic is £150 for medical and £46 for the x-ray. The only thing I found " funny" was that the Hec C test is not mandatory - BUT if you have multiple peircings or tattoo's you have to have this also - so cost another £50 as I have piercings and 1 tattoo. Shje did say i could risk it but to be honest it wasnt worth them sending it back to me if i needed it.

So had questions - usual do you have: diabetes, epliepsy, hypertension heart disease etc etc what medication do you take
I had to list all my operations - which was a nightmare to be honest as I have had quite a few - nothing long lasting - mainly ectopic pregnancies so shouldnt be a problem.
Bp height weight urine sample, eye test
Bloods for HIV and Hep B&C
I took a copy of my last smear from my GP so didnt need this ( cost is extra)
Had to have a pelvic exam which was yukky
then off to hospital for chest X-Ray. I had gone in my own car but they sent me in a taxi ( cost covered by them) about 5 mins away dropped me outside xray - had this and then got taxi back with same company paid for by the GP office. Very efficient and saved having to try and park etc.
They seem to do ALOT of these medicals so really new what they were doing

Not that bad overall
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

the_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud ofthe_connors76 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kiton6
Hi Everyone,

Myself and my family have booked our appointment for our medicals for PR on August 4th. It would be great to hear from those who have had their medicals and to hear your experience. I'm delighted to be going, but, at the same time, a little apprehensive (I'm sure others felt the same). Thanks.
We had our medicals today, myself, my hubby and little girl - all went well... we had ours in Knightsbridge, London - they were very professional and thorough... blood test, chest x-ray, height, weight, urine sample thats it - nothing to worry about and they said they would send off the results asap... so we feel like we are one step closer to the dream! Good luck!
Old Jul 31st 2008, 10:26 am
Just Joined

kwiksnipper is an unknown quantity at this point

when they ask me about meds is being on the pill classed as medication?
Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:58 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwiksnipper
when they ask me about meds is being on the pill classed as medication?
yep , as in you would have to say "yes" to the "are you taking any tablets , pills or medicines" question

as in causing any problems , can't imagine how.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

Angela and Brett is an unknown quantity at this point

totally off subject... Zoe, are you thee zoe bell or just love her as I love her?

I think she rocks either way, maybe your just lucky enough to have the same name!
Old Jul 31st 2008, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

What happens if you're overweight? My husband's quite overweight (needs to lose a couple of stone I'd say - he'd say different!) but he's planning on going on the Atkins soon, so by the time we get our PNP nomination (fingers crossed) he should be slimmer, but if you are overweight do they deduct points or something??

Anita

PS - Hope he doesn't read this! hehe
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:24 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angela and Brett
totally off subject... Zoe, are you thee zoe bell or just love her as I love her?

I think she rocks either way, maybe your just lucky enough to have the same name!
Ermm , I am the Zoe Bell as in it is my real name , I wasn't aware I was famous though

Oh unless you mean the actress , I think she doubles for Lucy Lawless in Xena? No I'm not her
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:29 am
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Want2Move
I looked at your signature timeline and looks like you are headed to Canada on TWP (or you may be already there). It also mentions medical request date. If you are moving to Canada on TWP, do you have to go through the medical check? Is it similar to medical check for PR? Do they require medical check for student visa? Thanks for your time.
It depends what job you're applying for as to whether you require a medical - list on the website but roughly anything to do with working with children or medical professions need medicals.

I had mine in Knightsbridge - no intimate exams of any nature!

bloods/x-ray/urine/weight/height/range of movements in joints/BP/brief history chat & done & dusted!

Reslts couriered to Embassy after 4 working days.

Last edited by RN1; Aug 1st 2008 at 12:31 am.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 1:00 am
Account Closed

Angela and Brett is an unknown quantity at this point

Aww Zoe, ya that was the zoe I thought of, great name stil.

If your husband is the main applicant does that mean the spouse also needs a medical,

I know I need to lose quite a few stones as well. I joined a gym though recently and the weight is slowly coming off.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 1:01 am
Professional Cat herder

Originally Posted by seanyg
What happens if you're overweight? My husband's quite overweight (needs to lose a couple of stone I'd say - he'd say different!) but he's planning on going on the Atkins soon, so by the time we get our PNP nomination (fingers crossed) he should be slimmer, but if you are overweight do they deduct points or something??

Anita

PS - Hope he doesn't read this! hehe
As long as being overweight hasn't led to other health problems , high blood pressure etc then it doesn't usually cause a problem
Old Aug 1st 2008, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
At the risk of answering a question on behalf of someone else for the second time tonight, I think sioux is a nurse. That's why she has to get a medical done (because she'll be working with vulnerable population groups). My understanding is that the medical exam is similar to the one that permanent residence visa applicants have to undergo. My interpretation of the timeline in her signature is that she has submitted her TWP application, CHC London has received her TWP application, and she's received a request to undergo a medical exam.
x

Thanks Judy for your time and answer.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RN1
It depends what job you're applying for as to whether you require a medical - list on the website but roughly anything to do with working with children or medical professions need medicals.

I had mine in Knightsbridge - no intimate exams of any nature!

bloods/x-ray/urine/weight/height/range of movements in joints/BP/brief history chat & done & dusted!

Reslts couriered to Embassy after 4 working days.
Thanks RN1. I am looking for a job at the moment and if I find one, it would be something to do with IT field. This can be with an IT company or it can be with a hospital or financial institute. If cannot find a job for a while, I am even thinking about moving to BC on student visa.

I was hoping that we would have to go through the medicals similar to PR even on TWP or Student Visa, so we do not have to do it in Canada again or at least it would give us an idea what to expect. The reason is, my wife has a pre-existing health condition (Pituitary Tumor) and we would like to know before we move to Canada if we pass the medical on that case. The whole reason to move to Canada on TWP or Student visa is to get PR in the future, but if we cannot pass the medical, there is no reason for us to move and get denied.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.