Wikiposts

Medicals: Your experience

Old Jul 24th 2008, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future
Default Medicals: Your experience

Hi Everyone,

Myself and my family have booked our appointment for our medicals for PR on August 4th. It would be great to hear from those who have had their medicals and to hear your experience. I'm delighted to be going, but, at the same time, a little apprehensive (I'm sure others felt the same). Thanks.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

flatty38 is a jewel in the roughflatty38 is a jewel in the roughflatty38 is a jewel in the roughflatty38 is a jewel in the roughflatty38 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Medicals: Your experience

Originally Posted by kiton6
Hi Everyone,

Myself and my family have booked our appointment for our medicals for PR on August 4th. It would be great to hear from those who have had their medicals and to hear your experience. I'm delighted to be going, but, at the same time, a little apprehensive (I'm sure others felt the same). Thanks.
Nothing to be concerned about! My family and i had our medicals in Cambridge back in 2000 (all seems a long while ago now!) - it really was no big deal. if i recall correctly, we had to go to two places - one for x-rays and one for the physical thing.

It actually wasnt as big a deal as i thought it would be. Apart from the x-rays, (and much hilarity within the family as all we sat in the waiting room with bottles of own pee in our pockets!) there was just a few questions about medical history, the Dr took blood pressure etc etc - really dont be concerned!
Old Jul 27th 2008, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

Hi

I had mine done at Nottingham Visa Medicals, Tudor House. They were fantastic, would really recommend them. Very straight forward and no messing about...brief medical history, Urinalysis, weighted, heighted, BP and the usual bloods took maximum of 20 minutes and results send to CHC within 48 hours. I got myself really worked up about the medical and it was much less of an ordeal than I expected.

Good luck

Julie
Old Jul 27th 2008, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

kwiksnipper is an unknown quantity at this point

My dad has already had his, and my mum and sister are due to go this week. My mum is going to arrange mine for sometime soon. I am dreading mine as its seems as if its another step closer to moving
Old Jul 27th 2008, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

curlykate is an unknown quantity at this point

I got myself completely worked up over my medicals, and really had no need to be worried. As the others said, it's the X-ray, bloods, urine, family history and BMI. They were really nice, and it was all very quick.

Afterwards I couldn't believe I'd lost so much sleep over nothing.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future

Thanks for all the feedback above. That's very helpful.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

ojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really nice

Try not to lose any sleep... it's nothing to worry about. Be prepared for a quick examination of the private regions, and then nothing will come as a surprise.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

sioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant future

Just to let everyone know, we had our medicals done yesterday. It was OK for me, but my OH has a pacemaker- which the doctors now think he didn't really need in the first place:curse: but anyway, we get to the medicals place in Slough and he asks for OH pacemaker reports etc... we didn't have them. Now with the NHS verything takes forever and I was getting close to tears. OH phones his consultant to get the report while I was having my medical done. It turns out that his consultant knows the doctor who was doing our medicals So they had a lovely chat on the phone for about 10 minutes, then he very promptly faxed OH's pacemaker reports etc.
I am still in shock! Can't believe our luck!
It was a simple height weight BP and breast exam. Medical history any surgery are you on any medication etc. He was very nice maybe too chatty, took 20 mins, then we went 5 minutes down the road for our x-ray, done in 5 mins. Paid. Told results will be sent to CIC by the end of the week
Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:41 pm
Account Closed

Angela and Brett is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have to get them copies of your full medical history from your GP or do they have access?

Also the last couple years I have gained a bit of weight, I have now joined a gym and are losing it little by little, does anyone know if you have to be a certain weight to pass?

Also how long after you submit your application before you have to take the medicals?
Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:56 pm
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kiton6
Hi Everyone,

They're only really interested in knowing whether you have a major medical problem, TB or HIV.

The medical we had was really calm and cool - had a nice chat with the doctor and had a really general examination. He told us that the X-ray was solely to check for TB (who has TB in western Europe?) and the blood sample for HIV (those Aids meds are expensive!).

If you have a major illness you have to declare it on the questionnaire. GP records were not requested.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

KAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really nice

[QUOTE=Angela and Brett;6627168]
Also the last couple years I have gained a bit of weight, I have now joined a gym and are losing it little by little, does anyone know if you have to be a certain weight to pass?

Have PM'd you!

KAT
Old Jul 30th 2008, 1:37 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Am glad all went well for you. As for your question "who has TB in western Europe ?" Unfortunately a lot of people.

In some areas of London and other major cities it is becoming a large problem. Populations do not remain static, tourism and immigration from areas where TB is endemic has contributed to the problem , mostly due to the fact that the UK no longer routinely asks for a chest Xray from immigrants or tourists from high risk countries.

In fact I believe that mandatory chest xrays were deemed "a breach of human rights" , go figure.

I didn't feel my human rights were violated when I had my PR medical
Old Jul 30th 2008, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

sioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Angela and Brett;6627168]Do you have to get them copies of your full medical history from your GP or do they have access?

You do not need GP records. Only records of major surgery or illness. Or conditions thatrequire ongoing care
I did not need to provide anything as I am fit and well and have only been in hospital to have my two girls
Old Jul 30th 2008, 2:21 am
Account Closed

Angela and Brett is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice! And thanks Kat!
Old Jul 30th 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sioux
You do not need GP records. Only records of major surgery or illness. Or conditions thatrequire ongoing care
I did not need to provide anything as I am fit and well and have only been in hospital to have my two girls

I looked at your signature timeline and looks like you are headed to Canada on TWP (or you may be already there). It also mentions medical request date. If you are moving to Canada on TWP, do you have to go through the medical check? Is it similar to medical check for PR? Do they require medical check for student visa? Thanks for your time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.