Medicals for Work Permit and PR

Old Feb 1st 2015, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

dishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medicals for Work Permit and PR

When I came over I had a medical done for my work permit. I will be applying for PR - does anyone know if I can use the same medical (given that it is under 12 months)?
Old Feb 1st 2015, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals for Work Permit and PR

Medicals are valid for 12 months. CIC will probably request a new one due to PR processing times.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

dishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond repute

FL - Thank you as usual.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Medicals are valid for 12 months. CIC will probably request a new one due to PR processing times.
PS Valid for 12 months as at when a PR application has been submitted, or when it is completed?
Old Feb 1st 2015, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Its supposed to be valid until PR status is granted. CIC do allow some medicals to be extended if there is a short time before COPR forms are issued and the medical expiring. CIC will either ask for a new medical or inform you what to do.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

OK Thank you again, Former Lancastrian! I will confer with the mighty CIC on that one then
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Exuksoldier is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, my 1st post so please bare with me.

Myself and my family are currently applying for PR, in the very early stages.
Was just wondering what's involved in the medical assessments?
Do we need to fly out to have the examinations?
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Exuksoldier
Hi, my 1st post so please bare with me.

Myself and my family are currently applying for PR, in the very early stages.
Was just wondering what's involved in the medical assessments?
Do we need to fly out to have the examinations?
There is a list of doctors for each country that are able to perform the medicals. You go there and have the medical done and then the doctor sends the results to CIC.

Panel Physicians
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Exuksoldier is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bc2015
There is a list of doctors for each country that are able to perform the medicals. You go there and have the medical done and then the doctor sends the results to CIC.

Panel Physicians
Thank you.
How intrusive is the medical, are we talking army style cough in hand etc ?
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 10:45 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thank you.
1, Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/search-recherch...ndbook&s=0&l=e

Read chapter 4
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

palmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to behold

Thank you.
I did it in canada last september and it was pretty simple, I was expecting more, I went to see the doctor who was on the list, he asks you a few questions then gets you to lie down on a table and pokes a few areas(mainly your abdomen), then he gives you a quick eye test and that was it, you don't have to get naked(infact I think it is ill advised to get naked for this :S) and it seemed very quick, I was expecting more... then you are sent on your way to get some blood taken and give a urine sample, I think they are checking for hiv and syphillis(although i could be wrong)... You also have to get a chest x-ray so if it is getting naked you are looking for this is the time ! you get to take your shirt off and strike a pose for the x-ray machine and that was it for me.. In canada they seem to send you to 3 different places, 1 for the doctors examine(the poking on the table), another for the blood and urine and then the chest x-ray.. maybe outside of canada it is a bit different and they do sometihngs all in the same place.. over all I was expecting them to do more but it really isnt anything to worry about(if you are actually worried about what they will do ) ... good luck
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

And time it for when you really need it as they are only valid for 12 months.