Medicals when?

Old Feb 14th 2012, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

BritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the rough
Default Medicals when?

In the process of sponsoring my wife and family (apologies for more questions again!) and we are a little confused about the medicals.

We have not sent off the application as yet. We are going to the photographer this week to have the pics taken. We have also filled out pretty all the paperwork, gathered support docs and the police cert for my wife is done.

Now for the medicals, do we arrange an appointment and have this done before sending off the application or should we wait until told to do so by CIC/London or whoever?

Thank you.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

PortchesterRoyal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medicals when?

Can I also ask a question about medicals as well. We are in the process of applying as well. My son, Sam is hopefully going to go to High School in USA in aug for a year, to play basketball Can he get his medical done before he goes and if so how long does the medical certification last? Thanks John

Last edited by PortchesterRoyal; Feb 14th 2012 at 2:12 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 2:53 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritBob
In the process of sponsoring my wife and family (apologies for more questions again!) and we are a little confused about the medicals.

We have not sent off the application as yet. We are going to the photographer this week to have the pics taken. We have also filled out pretty all the paperwork, gathered support docs and the police cert for my wife is done.

Now for the medicals, do we arrange an appointment and have this done before sending off the application or should we wait until told to do so by CIC/London or whoever?

Thank you.
Meds must be done BEFORE submission in sponsorship cases. You can find the relevant forms on the CIC website
Old Feb 14th 2012, 2:54 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PortchesterRoyal
Can I also ask a question about medicals as well. We are in the process of applying as well. My son, Sam is hopefully going to go to High School in USA in aug for a year, to play basketball Can he get his medical done before he goes and if so how long does the medical certification last? Thanks John
If by FSW route then no - but he can have it done in the USA if they come through whilst he is still there.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

PortchesterRoyal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
If by FSW route then no - but he can have it done in the USA if they come through whilst he is still there.
Thanks for that, does it make a difference using the NSPNP visa route
John
Old Feb 14th 2012, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by PortchesterRoyal
Thanks for that, does it make a difference using the NSPNP visa route
John
No - you have to wait until CIC request that you go for medicals.