Medicals what should i expect!

Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:54 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold
Question Medicals what should i expect!

I know im jumping the gun here but i was reading some one else post and they mentioned having to lose weight for the medicals and it got me thinking will weight be an issue and what should we expect when we have our medicals.

any tips on how to prepare for them and if you had diabetes is that a problem

any tips or information would be great
Old Aug 15th 2007, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Medicals what should i expect!

Can't help you with diabetes. But the rest might help.

I took my 2 yr old son with me. No blood tests for him, no x-rays. Just checked ears, eyes, blood pressure, weight, height, felt his tummy.

With me, blood, xrays, weight, height, bp, tummy, ears, eyes, medical history, etc.

Hope that helps

Chris
Old Aug 15th 2007, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Hamsterhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Where does the medical history come from? Do they request you notes in advance from your GP or rely on you to tell them?
Old Aug 15th 2007, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

no, they just wanted to know any surgery i had previously had and any medical problems.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

a1anm is on a distinguished road

My medical involved a chest xray, blood test, blood pressure, eyes, ears height, weight etc.

Typical questions regarding exercise, smoking/drinking habits.

I also had to stand on one leg leg to check my balance and the doctor checked my tattoo (i think to make sure it wasn't infected).
Old Aug 15th 2007, 5:26 am

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

I was so nervous about the medical but shouldn't have been - would have it again tomorow it needed. It was basic, non-invasive stuff. Others however have had much more in-depth medicals and I think it can depend on where you go as to what gets done. Don't be like me and worry yourself silly over it - it really isn't that bad - PM me if you want to ask anything. Good luck.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 5:26 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by a1anm
My medical involved a chest xray, blood test, blood pressure, eyes, ears height, weight etc.

Typical questions regarding exercise, smoking/drinking habits.

I also had to stand on one leg leg to check my balance and the doctor checked my tattoo (i think to make sure it wasn't infected).
Here is what the DMP is supposed to do: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/resourc.../section-6.asp
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gloveman
It was basic, non-invasive stuff. Others however have had much more in-depth medicals and I think it can depend on where you go as to what gets done.
I like the sound of that - where did you go?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:31 am

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hamsterhouse
I like the sound of that - where did you go?
From memory, it was something like Stannery Surgery at Tavistock near Plymouth - can find out if you need more details. Really nice doctor and the worst part about the whole thing was trying to get my 10 year old to pee in a bottle!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gloveman
From memory, it was something like Stannery Surgery at Tavistock near Plymouth - can find out if you need more details. Really nice doctor and the worst part about the whole thing was trying to get my 10 year old to pee in a bottle!
Thanks, that info would have been useful, but we're in Suffolk so too far to go. Hopefully we will find an equally relaxed doc when our times comes.