Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medicals - what do they test / need?

Medicals - what do they test / need?

Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:32 am
Just Joined

leestrauch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals - what do they test / need?

We applied in London for immigration. We've just received our medical requests but are currently living in Spain so have decided to have the medicals done in Madrid.
Does anyone know what exactly they test for. Will my wife need to have a pap smear. I know if you undergo the medicals in London they can request the info from your GP but what will happen with us in Spain?

I called the doctor here and he seems to think she does not need to have a pap smear which worries me as I've read in this forum that some people needed it.

Anyone who has had their medicals please let me know what you found

thanks
Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Medicals - what do they test / need?

Have a look here friend and see if this answers any of your questions:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/resourc...book/index.asp
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

lyndseyhepworth is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my medicals in May in Leeds and had the following tested:

bloods
eye sight
weight
height
general questionnaire about health/doctors inc how much i drink/smoke etc

The Doctor then added:
reflexes
glands
abdomen/hernia tests
back of the eye addition
breast exam (supervised of course)
Listening to lungs and breathing
Ears and mouth exam
finger touching nose and walking in a straight line
in depth discussion about all previous operations and their outcomes......i did take copies of my medical records for this but it isnt always necessary.
Smear was last done in 12/2005 so i had a copy of the results along with my other medical records and wasnt asked to have another.

Think this was it. It seems a lot but only took about an hour from start to finish then off for Xrays somewhere else.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

I have this link too which is the form that the doc fills in at the med.

HTH

Gaynor
x
Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

PAP smear if over age 35. You get your own results if you have had one already and just take them along.