Medicals in Vancouver

Old Jan 14th 2012, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

Screenwriter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals in Vancouver

Can anyone recommend any of the designated medical practitioners that are around the vancouver area?
Old Jan 15th 2012, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

BcBound is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Medicals in Vancouver

Hi,

Dr. Stephen Reznek, #110 - 4980 Kingsway, Burnaby.
604 435 5585.

Was quick & painless, X-ray's in same building.

Definitely recommend him.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Awesome thank you. Can you remember how much it cost roughly?
Old Jan 16th 2012, 7:19 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Screenwriter
Can anyone recommend any of the designated medical practitioners that are around the vancouver area?
We used
Pawan K. Ram
Unit 178, 8138-128th St.,
British Columbia,
V3W 1R2

(604) 572-9191

We had to go to the surgery for the medical, then on to another building where the X rays and blood tests were done.
The medical itself was very quick indeed.
Waiting for the X ray and blood and urine tests was the most time-consuming part.
It took all morning.

The cost was the same for all the DMPs in Surrey but I chose this one because it was able to book us in very quickly.
I telephoned on Wednesday afternoon and they could fit us in the following morning.

I would also say that this DMP and lab must have been very efficient and must have had the results and then sent our tests off VERY fast, as only 22 days after the day we had our medical we got our passport requests by e-mail.

It says in the literature that it may take three weeks for the test results to come back to the surgery and then for them to be sent to CIC, so we were expecting to wait much longer than that.

So, I can certainly vouch for the speed of their service in sending the paperwork off to CIC!
Old Jan 16th 2012, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, thank you for the great reply!

I am doing spousal sponsorship, so I get the medical done before I send everything off.

It costs around $250 right?

Lucy
Old Jan 16th 2012, 7:43 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, thank you for the great reply!

I am doing spousal sponsorship, so I get the medical done before I send everything off.

It costs around $250 right?

Lucy
We had to pay for the X-rays, the blood tests and the medical all separately so I can't remember the exact amount but $250 is about right, I think.

It does seem odd that there is a huge difference in prices quoted by UK DMP and yet here in BC all the Surrey ones charged exactly the same.

For us it came down to who could give us an appointment the fastest.
Our med requests had come by snail mail from London and we had only half of the 60 days left of the deadline to go, so we wanted to get them done asap.

Last edited by helcat12; Jan 16th 2012 at 7:44 pm. Reason: addition
Old Jan 16th 2012, 8:53 pm
Best place on earth. BC.

MegRobEarlee is an unknown quantity at this point

Going to be applying outland starting august from uk, but in bc for wedding in June. Can my partner get his medical for Outland done in bc ?
Old Jan 16th 2012, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah of course he can get it in BC. It'll be about $250. You can get it done in the UK by any of the designated medical practitioners. I think it is cheaper in the UK.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 9:16 pm
Island life at last

Yeah of course he can get it in BC. It'll be about $250. You can get it done in the UK by any of the designated medical practitioners. I think it is cheaper in the UK.
Oh, no it isn't!!!

(Panto season is over but nevertheless)
Old Jan 16th 2012, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Enlighten us!
Old Jan 16th 2012, 9:38 pm
Island life at last

Enlighten us!
Do you mean me?

Well, medicals are certainly NOT cheaper in the UK than in Canada.
They also vary a lot more in price.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 12:54 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

There is a list of credited Drs on Cic website. We went to one on Commercial Dr
Old Jan 17th 2012, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

The cost for the medical with bloods etc was $150 & extra $70 for the chest xray. Dr Reznek did the bloods etc himself, only other wait was approx 10 minutes for x-ray in the same building.

Dr. Stephen Reznek, #110 - 4980 Kingsway, Burnaby.
604 435 5585.

A few other ex-NHS expats I know have used him and very pleased with the service.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you BC bound! Just booked in with rezneck! The lady on the phone was awesome. She asked me all the questions before i needed to; what visa it was? was it outland inland, to remember to bring the appendix c. such a relief to have someone know what you are talking about when i am filled with complicated visa jargon all the time! Woo!
Old Jan 19th 2012, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Dr. Rezneck & his staff certainly made it a smooth process for us.

Good luck with the rest of your application.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.