Medicals in UK

Old Aug 25th 2002, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

Margenda is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Medicals in UK

When the medical is requested, are there any places in the south-east of England other than London where they can be done?
Old Aug 26th 2002, 12:57 am
Peter Wu

Default Re: Medicals in UK

Margenda <[email protected]> writes:

> When the medical is requested, are there any places in the south-east of England
    > other than London where they can be done?

When I got the ME, there were instructions and authorized hospitals on the
notification letter. Have you yet got the ME form?

--
Peter Wu

Old Aug 26th 2002, 3:18 am
Just Joined

Margenda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Peter Wu:
Margenda <[email protected]> writes:

> When the medical is requested, are there any places in the south-east of England
    > other than London where they can be done?

When I got the ME, there were instructions and authorized hospitals on the
notification letter. Have you yet got the ME form?

--
Peter Wu
I am nowhere near that stage yet, but was just trying to find out if I would have to travel to London for interview if required, then again for medical unless there is anywhere nearer to go, or do they specify on the ME where you must go?
Old Aug 26th 2002, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point

medical exam must be done by a doctor designated by cic..

you can find a list of doctors at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/medical.html

Originally posted by Margenda:

I am nowhere near that stage yet, but was just trying to find out if I would have to travel to London for interview if required, then again for medical unless there is anywhere nearer to go, or do they specify on the ME where you must go?
Old Aug 26th 2002, 8:46 am
The Wizzard

as far as medicals go you can do them at any designated medical practitioner
(DMP) on the CIC approved list in the world. Here is a link to the ones in
the England:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/e-
nglish/contacts/dmp/england.html

There are several there so if any are nearer than london then you can go there, you
just call and book an appointment when your forms arrive. A couple of things you
might want to bear in mind are: a) cost can vary from DMP to DMP and b) so can time
scale, some clinics like offhand the one in Knightsbridge London and the one on St
John street in manchester are all in one kind of clinics so you can get all yoru
tests and xrays done at the same place and they will then send all of it off for you
very soon. some dont have all teh facilities meaning a seperate trip to the hospital
to get xrays and if they have to send the blood tests to the local hospital as well
then they can take a week or so to get back, so some will add that extra delay. im
going to the one i mentioned in manchester when i get my forms as its nearest to me
and ive heard good things, i have also heard good things about the knightsbridge one
(express courier delivery to CHC) and also one of the ones in birmingham, but i am
sure they are all good.

as far as an interview goes of course that has to be london as thats the only place
CIC interview in the UK.

Drew

"Margenda" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by Peter Wu:
    > > Margenda writes:
    > >
    > > > When the medical is requested, are there any places in the south-east of
    > > > England other than London where they can be done?
    > >
    > > When I got the ME, there were instructions and authorized hospitals on the
    > > notification letter. Have you yet got the ME form?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Peter Wu
    > >
    > I am nowhere near that stage yet, but was just trying to find out if I would have
    > to travel to London for interview if required, then again for medical unless there
    > is anywhere nearer to go, or do they specify on the ME where you must go?
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com