Medicals - today in Nottingham

Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

KAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really nice
Default Medicals - today in Nottingham

Just had our medicals in Nottingham and thought I would share the experience.

Shopped around to find the place that could do them the quickest and settled on Nottingham. Quoted £633 all in for 2 adults and an 11yr old child. Found them very helpful, tried to get in us in as quickly as possible and very helpful (but then for the money I guess they should be!).

Found the clinic easily, went in and completed a questionnaire. Urine sample taken straight away but we took into the doctor. We were seen within 5mins of arriving, very nice Doctor, down to earth really put us at ease. Asked us some general questions, tested urine, height, weight, blood pressure, eyes, ankle reflex, listened to hearts and prodded tummy and then took some bloods. We then went to a different hospital for chest X-rays. Again they were very helpful and we were in and out straight away. Only slight problem is daughter couldn't stop giggling so the Xray was blurred. They put a note on the xray for the doctor but fingers crossed it should be ok.

All in all it was quite easy, only fly in the ointment is my weight (I'm not as svelte as I was!) The doc said he didn't think it would be a problem, hadn't been in the past but was something to be aware of!

Has anyone had any problems in this area (it's really worrying me)?

Anyway hope this helps others who are worried about the medicals. It's not as bad as I thought it would be and back to playing the waiting game again.

Karen
x
Old Jun 28th 2008, 3:20 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all
Default Re: Medicals - today in Nottingham

Originally Posted by KAT16
Just had our medicals in Nottingham and thought I would share the experience.

Shopped around to find the place that could do them the quickest and settled on Nottingham. Quoted £633 all in for 2 adults and an 11yr old child. Found them very helpful, tried to get in us in as quickly as possible and very helpful (but then for the money I guess they should be!).

Found the clinic easily, went in and completed a questionnaire. Urine sample taken straight away but we took into the doctor. We were seen within 5mins of arriving, very nice Doctor, down to earth really put us at ease. Asked us some general questions, tested urine, height, weight, blood pressure, eyes, ankle reflex, listened to hearts and prodded tummy and then took some bloods. We then went to a different hospital for chest X-rays. Again they were very helpful and we were in and out straight away. Only slight problem is daughter couldn't stop giggling so the Xray was blurred. They put a note on the xray for the doctor but fingers crossed it should be ok.

All in all it was quite easy, only fly in the ointment is my weight (I'm not as svelte as I was!) The doc said he didn't think it would be a problem, hadn't been in the past but was something to be aware of!

Has anyone had any problems in this area (it's really worrying me)?

Anyway hope this helps others who are worried about the medicals. It's not as bad as I thought it would be and back to playing the waiting game again.

Karen
x
Hi Karen

Good luck with the medical results....I'm sure you be fine with the weight.

How is Rutland I used work there for approx 3 years.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

KAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really nice

Hi KJM

Thanks for reply.

Rutland is beautiful as ever! We live in the noisy bit (harriers flying overhead! lol). But I should be used to it by now.

But as beautiful as it is, we can't wait to get to Canada!

Good luck to you to.

Karen
Old Jun 29th 2008, 12:53 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Hi KJM

Thanks for reply.

Rutland is beautiful as ever! We live in the noisy bit (harriers flying overhead! lol). But I should be used to it by now.

But as beautiful as it is, we can't wait to get to Canada!

Good luck to you to.

Karen
Karen

I know exactly where you mean but is a lovely place to live.

Where are you heading too....We are aiming for Calgary.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

We're headed for Calgary too! OH has a job working near the airport so we are looking to live in Airdrie. Although it says not to, we have booked flights for 29th August, he starts work on 29th Sept! We are so excited about it, but my weight issue is playing on my mind, the only fly in the ointment really.

Are you moving to Calgary or outskirts? We would've liked Okotoks but decided against as Airdrie is nearer the airport!

Karen
Old Jun 29th 2008, 2:00 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

We're headed for Calgary too! OH has a job working near the airport so we are looking to live in Airdrie. Although it says not to, we have booked flights for 29th August, he starts work on 29th Sept! We are so excited about it, but my weight issue is playing on my mind, the only fly in the ointment really.

Are you moving to Calgary or outskirts? We would've liked Okotoks but decided against as Airdrie is nearer the airport!

Karen
Hi Karen

Wow you are so near!!!!Well done

Please don't worry about the your weight , I am sure it's not exhausting the NHS in the UK and that is what they would worry about. We all have weight issues me included my weight has crept up a little due to a slipped disc's etc and exercise was a no no. I am now waiting for my medical requests worried that my back is going to be an issue. I just had 4 injections in the back for pain relief only to get my out patients appointment letter and its not until Oct and my medical could of been and gone before Oct.....arrgggghhh now that a worry.

Yes we are heading Okotoks as its a lovely place.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Aw, sorry to hear about your bad back. Hope it doesn't cause any problems for your medical. I'm sure it can't cost that much, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I have given up worrying now (this immigration lark isn't for the faint hearted!! lol). What will be will be!!!

I will probably be passing through Okotoks alot as my friend, who first introduced us to canada, lives in Black Diamond (again another lovely town).

x