Medicals requests help

Old Nov 24th 2005, 8:36 am
Lost again

john fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to behold
Default Medicals requests help

We have just had our medical requests . But the form for my wife has the wrong date of birth on. Has this happened to anyone else.

We need to provide photographs. Do these have to be Canadian passport size or can we get away with British passport size.

Please can anyone help.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

49thparallel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medicals requests help

You should contact the consulate processing your case and advise of the incorrect date of birth.

The photograph requirements for the medicals are the same as those that meet immigration requirements (not passport type photos). See the photo requirements documentation contained with the application form for further details.

The attached link shows the PR application required to be completed for the Buffalo, NY Consultate. It is in PDF format, go to page 9 and you will see the photo specifications.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf
Old Nov 24th 2005, 8:59 am

dwgray is an unknown quantity at this point

Exactly the same thing happened to me (that explains why I couldn't see any of my details and status on e-client!!). I just sent a letter explaining the situation to the CHC in London with another photocopy of my passport and birth certificate. They responded in a week or so and I got another medical form with my proper date of birth.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by john fisher
We have just had our medical requests . But the form for my wife has the wrong date of birth on. Has this happened to anyone else.

We need to provide photographs. Do these have to be Canadian passport size or can we get away with British passport size.

Please can anyone help.
Great News.

What's your timeline, application category ?
Old Nov 24th 2005, 11:13 am
Lost again

john fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by smitp11
Great News.

What's your timeline, application category ?
We applied in Nov 04 skilled worker. In Feb 05 managed to secure a job in Calgary. March or April this job was HRDC approved. Today we had our Medical request. But we could be put back another month because they have got one digit out on Caroline's form.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 8:35 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

Send them a fax with file number on , name address and a daytime contact number. They phoned me the next day. In my case my name was miss spelt, and they said it was ok to amend by hand and they would make a note on my file. They said it was improtant it was correct on the landing documents / passport etc, but on the medical request it was Ok to change. Others with name changes have been sent new medical request first, but fax will be quicker.

We applied in Nov 04 skilled worker. In Feb 05 managed to secure a job in Calgary. March or April this job was HRDC approved. Today we had our Medical request. But we could be put back another month because they have got one digit out on Caroline's form.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

complete_mad_house is an unknown quantity at this point

Please can anyone help.

My daughter's medical form had the wrong date of birth on it, we enquired of our lawyers who said it didn't matter, and to just tell the doctor when we went for the medicals. We did this, and she crossed out the incorrect date and wrote in the correct one. We had no problems with this and are already in possession of our visas! Medicals were taken in August.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Rachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant future

Hope you don't mind me asking, but was the job in Calgary with your existing employer, or did you apply?

We are wondering if employers will look at you if you aren't already living in Canada. It is a terrifying thought giving up the security of a good job in the Uk, even though I am sure the decision will be the right one.

Also, what line of work are you in?
Old Nov 25th 2005, 8:24 am
Lost again

Originally Posted by Rachelmark
Hope you don't mind me asking, but was the job in Calgary with your existing employer, or did you apply?

We are wondering if employers will look at you if you aren't already living in Canada. It is a terrifying thought giving up the security of a good job in the Uk, even though I am sure the decision will be the right one.

Also, what line of work are you in?
I have used an immigration company to find me a job in Calgary. They set up the interview with a company who are willing to jump through the HRDC hoops to get me out there.

I work as a Heavy Vehicle Plant Technician, basically if it has wheels or an engine then I work on it. Much like England, Canada has a shortage of these skills, so the company is willing to wait for me. I hope I live up to there expectations.

Yes emigration is scary, but I'm to stupid to know that.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 8:26 am
Lost again

Originally Posted by gooding
Send them a fax with file number on , name address and a daytime contact number. They phoned me the next day. In my case my name was miss spelt, and they said it was ok to amend by hand and they would make a note on my file. They said it was improtant it was correct on the landing documents / passport etc, but on the medical request it was Ok to change. Others with name changes have been sent new medical request first, but fax will be quicker.
I did this today and hope to hear from them Monday.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 8:28 am
Lost again

Mind you I don't now why I'm rushing to get out, the exchange rate is pants .
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:29 am
Lost again

Please can anyone help.
We sent of a fax Friday about my wife's medical form, they phoned us today Monday afternoon. Amend the form ourselves and they will make a note of it there end, no problem .

The new British passport size photograph is the same as the Canadians 35mm x 45mm so use a photo booth