Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

medicals requested but no police clearance ...yet

medicals requested but no police clearance ...yet

Old Sep 8th 2004, 10:21 am
Just Joined

billy-bob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medicals requested but no police clearance ...yet

Hi, I received confirmation of my initial assesment and request for medicals today. However, the "no further documents" block was checked, which is great except that I have been studying Canada for the last 3.5 years and so assumed I would have to have a Canadian security check, has anyone had a similar experience? Is it possible that I don´t need one or can I expect that later
Old Sep 8th 2004, 10:26 am
Just Joined

bbq1111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: medicals requested but no police clearance ...yet

Originally Posted by billy-bob
Hi, I received confirmation of my initial assesment and request for medicals today. However, the "no further documents" block was checked, which is great except that I have been studying Canada for the last 3.5 years and so assumed I would have to have a Canadian security check, has anyone had a similar experience? Is it possible that I don´t need one or can I expect that later

Hi I am excatly in the same position. THe only differnce is that I have not received an IA just the medical right after the AOR.
where did you applied and in what category? timeline?
Old Sep 8th 2004, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bbq1111
Hi I am excatly in the same position. THe only differnce is that I have not received an IA just the medical right after the AOR.
where did you applied and in what category? timeline?
Applied as skilled in Buffalo, Dec 03. AOR in Jan 04. IA today
Old Sep 8th 2004, 12:00 pm
kaka123kaka2002

same case here - I was asked for just updated letters from present employer and given medicals and an interview waiver. I have also spent 3+ years in canada, but they did not ask me to do RCMP clearance. I also know of atleast 5 other colleagues who applied at the same time as me, and got almost identical letters - asking for medical with interview waiver but no RCMP requirement.

Applied as skilled in Buffalo, Dec 03. AOR in Jan 04. IA today

Old Sep 8th 2004, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

bbq1111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jim, Andrew, other experts,
what is your take on is?
thanks
Old Sep 8th 2004, 1:09 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

If you follow posts in this forum you have seen reports from others who were receiving request for RCMP well after they received request for medicals. You better get on it in advance as it takes long time to get RCMP clearance.

Old Sep 9th 2004, 12:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If you follow posts in this forum you have seen reports from others who were receiving request for RCMP well after they received request for medicals. You better get on it in advance as it takes long time to get RCMP clearance.

Hi Andrew,

Are you sugesting we contact the Buffalo consulate, since they have to send a specific form to get the RCMP check? Presumably if there are other cases of this then it is likely a change in protocol as opposed to a mistake/oversight. Which makes me think that they are unlikely to bend to the whims of a whining immigrant wannabee... although as you suggest its probably worth trying.

Last edited by billy-bob; Sep 9th 2004 at 12:49 am.