Medicals request!

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was: Cullicudden, Scotland. Now: Hammonds Plains, NS
Merry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to behold
Default Medicals request!

Hi everyone - jumping up and down here because we've just received medicals request!!!! Bizarre thing is, the day the letter was sent out I was visiting London and had my photo taken outside Canada house - how spooky is that? Also our beloved sixteen year old cat died last weekend and she was a major stumbling block to us being able to move (she was quite frail). God does indeed work in mysterious ways. Have to get those medicals sorted now. Thinking of just going to London (we live in the Highlands of Scotland) but anyone any experience of medicals in Scotland?
Documents were only sent 4 weeks ago - thanks so much to everyone on this forum who has helped us!
Old Apr 24th 2009, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Medicals request!

Hi Merry
congrats on the med request.
I had my med in Glasgow, the Anniesland practice. Very informative, friendly and efficient.

Good Luck
Mandy
Old Apr 24th 2009, 12:27 am
APC
Just Joined

APC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Merry
Hi everyone - jumping up and down here because we've just received medicals request!!!! Bizarre thing is, the day the letter was sent out I was visiting London and had my photo taken outside Canada house - how spooky is that? Also our beloved sixteen year old cat died last weekend and she was a major stumbling block to us being able to move (she was quite frail). God does indeed work in mysterious ways. Have to get those medicals sorted now. Thinking of just going to London (we live in the Highlands of Scotland) but anyone any experience of medicals in Scotland?
Documents were only sent 4 weeks ago - thanks so much to everyone on this forum who has helped us!
Congrats!!! Indeed it a funny old game, life ;-)

If you live in highlands of Scotland why move to Canada - sounds great where U live at the mo!

Best of luck with the meds and thereafter!

Old Apr 24th 2009, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

ottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the rough

Good luck with the meds

Sorry to hear about the cat, but as you say, God does work in mysterious ways.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Merry
Congratulations on your medical request! We had our medical requests done in Edinburgh at Morningside Medical Practice with xrays at the Spire Hospital, Murrayfield in Edinburgh. All in for family of 4, 2 adults and 2 teens : £790. All relatively easy and staff very friendly. They even followed up for us when there was a problem with my sons medical and got back to us very quickly.

I believe you only have 3 options in Scotland - Edinburgh, Glasgow or Aberdeen.

Best of luck!

Michelle
Old Apr 24th 2009, 5:44 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, great news for the weekend
Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

Adeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really nice

Hi congrats to you, we have also received med request today, cant quite beleive it!!!.... Like you we currently have an ageing cat 14 yrs, that i dont think will be able to make the journey she is very frail and it would certainly finish her to travel that huge journey, will just have to see how she goes, dont know what to do. Best of luck again with meds.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Merry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Adeletrotter
Hi congrats to you, we have also received med request today, cant quite beleive it!!!.... Like you we currently have an ageing cat 14 yrs, that i dont think will be able to make the journey she is very frail and it would certainly finish her to travel that huge journey, will just have to see how she goes, dont know what to do. Best of luck again with meds.
Hi again,
Thanks for advice re Scottish medicals - we've booked to go to the Anniesland practice on May 15th, so here's hoping. Thanks for the sympathy about our cat and hope Adeletrotter resolves the problem, I know how you feel.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by APC
Congrats!!! Indeed it a funny old game, life ;-)

If you live in highlands of Scotland why move to Canada - sounds great where U live at the mo!

Best of luck with the meds and thereafter!

PS Re the comment as to why we are moving from the Highlands to Canada -we've been asked so many times. We've been here sixteen years and on good weather days it's lovely and we do have quite low crime but both me and my husband are originally city people (Glasgow/Cardiff) and with three children, we want them to have all the opportunities we had but hopefully also without so much emphasis on drink, drugs, violence, etc. I know it happens everywhere but we want to live in a more positive environment and on our visits to NS that's what we found.
Anyone want to buy a house in the Highlands?!
Old Apr 24th 2009, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

Adeletrotter
Good luck with your meds.

Merry
Safe journey to Glasgow on the 15th May.
Parking around the Anniesland Medical Practice is on the road, I didn't find it a problem parking there and it is free- no parking meters. They sent me to the Nuffield at Beaconsfield Road for my x-ray. Again free parking is available in the hospital car park, although it is small or on the street outside.It is a five minute drive from the med centre. The whole process took me about 2- 2.5 hours.

Regards
Mandy & Kev
Old Apr 24th 2009, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

rufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nice

Best of luck with medicals. you are now one step closer to the end!!!