Medicals and PR

Old Nov 3rd 2011, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medicals and PR

Hi

Can anyone who knows a fair bit about the medicals for PR and things that could count against you PM me please?

I don't want to get into it further than this on an open forum.

Thanks
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 3:56 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Medicals and PR

Hi, We have ours next week so can let you know anything specific after that
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 4:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Two things that can cause you to be medically inadmissible - if you are deemed to be a 'danger to public health', or if you 'would cause excessive demands on health or social services in Canada'. The latter is if you would cost Canadian health services more than a certain amount each year - the exact figure will be in the info below, but iirc it's about $5k or more a year in medical treatment.

This may help............http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/dmp-handbook.pdf

As may this............http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/op15-eng.pdf

HTH.

Old Nov 16th 2011, 3:53 am
Just Joined

gracey1982 is on a distinguished road

Hey Geordie Lass,

I had my PR medical this afternoon in Canada. I am already living here on a TWP but if you have any questions then fire me a PM. I can tell you what I was asked and what they did.

Lee
Old Nov 16th 2011, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

clay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to all

Don't see the point in PM's on this subject, its an open forum, so let everyone know..
Old Nov 16th 2011, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

gracey1982 is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Medicals and PR

I don't mind answering questions openly but was simply offering answers to the original request.

My medical consisted of an eye sight test, height, weight, urine sample, 3 bloods for hiv hepatitis due to my tattoo and one of them was for syphilis i think. I also had a good prod and poke to check for lumps and bumps. Otherwise its questions on medical history. And a chest Xray. Think that was it
Old Nov 16th 2011, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Optimistic Pessimist is an unknown quantity at this point

In addition to these, I had to have further ECGs as I had a heart op when I was 1 (35 years ago). Had to pay to have this done at a private hospital. Still got through though

What tests they will require will all very much depend on your medical history.

My medical consisted of an eye sight test, height, weight, urine sample, 3 bloods for hiv hepatitis due to my tattoo and one of them was for syphilis i think. I also had a good prod and poke to check for lumps and bumps. Otherwise its questions on medical history. And a chest Xray. Think that was it[/QUOTE]
Old Nov 16th 2011, 5:42 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

We had ours last week here in Calgary. Same old thing, but don't forget all the form filling which you have to do in the presence of the Medical practitioner Our appointment for 5 of us was 10am til 11.30. For the first hour my husband and I filled in our forms plus those for the 3 kids. We had 30 mins between us actually with the Doctor!

An hour for lunch and then off for the bloods, urine and chest x rays. That was the worst bit of the day, even though we had appointments it took nearly 2 and a half hours of waiting around at the Medical Centre at Market Mall. Trying to get 9 year daughter to produce a urine sample on demand was not funny. When the nurse told her all she had to do was "pee in zee pot" that set her off.

A very long stressful day with kids. All I wanted to do afterwards was head off to the nearest Starbucks for coffee and lots of cake!
Old Nov 16th 2011, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences.

There are some things that I would not put onto an open forum like my medical history! Who wants the world to know something like that - hence the need for PMs!